MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: The FGTO build chronicles  (Read 209540 times)
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2009, 12:11:05 AM »

DAMNNNNNNNNN !!!!

Dave i love the wheels,..great job !!

Is the fit about what you had hoped for ?

looks pretty darned good to me.
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »

A little birdie told me the wheels look totally bada ** in  person.

More pics !!
SAFASTRO

« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »

Hey Dave!!!
Those mirrors are the best I've seen yet!! I'm surprised more people haven't commented on them after the big fiasco on the last mirrors. These are by far more superior! What kind of mods did it take to get them to fit, and.......if you don't mind me asking........where did you find em and how much did they set you back??
Those wheels look like the perfect fit as well.......can't wait to see this thing in full view....with wheels......any pics???

- Choptop - 10" Stretch - Shortened Nose - Shortened Rear Bumper - DUBS - Widebody -
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »

Thanks FieroGTRwidebody (Alex), I don't like the rubber band tires (pot hole danger) and I do agree with no more then 20" (20" is pushing it).

exoticse (Tony), no new updates (body & wheel pics) yet. Work on FGTO will continue today.

SAFASTRO, RX-8 mirros on ebay where less < $100 for the pair. I had to trim off lots of the plastic with a dremel... Seems like they are going to work out. Advise: just stick with the OEM mirrors they still look real real good.

New update Coil Over adjustment. I orded a Moroso Coil Over Shock Adjusting Spanner Wrench (#62030) on ebay for less then < $30.

Tools used to adjust coil overs:

-Spanner wrench
-1/8" allen wrench ("L" shaped)
-Can of WD40 to lossen 1/8" allen bolt
-Measuring Caliper

Hardly used the spanner wrench. Rear coil overs are adjustable by hand. The funny thing is some shop owner in Machesney Park, IL said he tried to adjust the hight on the coil overs but was too difficult. He mention that the cradle would have to be dropped to adjust them (rears) and to let him know if I'm able and how difficult they are to adjust... That didn't sound right to me. I should have saved those emails.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:14:19 PM by cffuser1 » Logged

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Blacktree
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »

The funny thing is some shop owner in Machesney Park, IL said he tried to adjust the hight on the coil overs but was too difficult. He mention that the cradle would have to be dropped to adjust them (rears) and to let him know if I'm able and how difficult they are to adjust...
Now THAT is funny!  :smile
2002z28ssconv
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »

You were sure to let him know how easy it was, right?  :smile
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »

You were sure to let him know how easy it was, right?  :smile
I think I mention this to you the day you lent me your trailer to pick up the notchback from Gainesville. I remember how easy you adjusted your coilover on your race car ('88 nothcback) to get it off the trailer that day. I sure will let him know on my PFF build thread once I update it when the current work is completed on FGTO. I got to be nice and educate the guy... ehh right?! wink

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2009, 12:25:30 PM »

UPDATE: Body repairs almost complete. Once done will post Before/After photos with details on what was done and the total amount of hours spent.

Almost there... cool
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:17:58 PM by cffuser1 » Logged

exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

Looking forward to seeing this one !
avengador1
Veteran Member

« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:18 AM »

So all the edge "rat nibbles" are gone? wink You can even see them in the pictures Archie took.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »

Sure looks better already especially with the new shoes even with the odd pic angle he deserves an

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
SAFASTRO

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2009, 02:30:55 PM »

Dave.....your car in the above pic is looking BADASS!!!

"rat nibbles" hahaha!!!!!  tongue   What about the sun warped fiberglass???

Keep your eye on the prize!!!

- Choptop - 10" Stretch - Shortened Nose - Shortened Rear Bumper - DUBS - Widebody -
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »

Looking forward to seeing this one !

Maybe at the next meeting you guys can come over.

So all the edge "rat nibbles" are gone? wink You can even see them in the pictures Archie took.

LOL. They are gone. The weird thing is it was only on the right side.

Sure looks better already especially with the new shoes even with the odd pic angle he deserves an <Quoted Image Removed>

The new shoes made a difference and didn't have to spent mega bucks gettings HRE's or other three piece wheels.

Dave.....your car in the above pic is looking BADASS!!!

"rat nibbles" hahaha!!!!!  tongue   What about the sun warped fiberglass???

Keep your eye on the prize!!!

It hasn't been in the sun at all... It's always was in a warehouse (North IL), garage (Central FL), and enclosed transport. Maybe it was the cold? wink I'm suprised Al Gore didn't get blamed. wink

Guy's & gals, I promise I won't bring up the issues I had with the shop in Machesney Park, IL anymore. I know it's getting old... very old and dragged out. I'm just glad FGTO (aka "rat nibbles") wink exterior body is getting done right.

I'll have some photos up soon and this thread we be moved from the private CFF Lounge into the public area of the forum.

Highlights of some of the body issues from V8-Archies quality workmanship... :angry:
- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

- -
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:30:31 PM by cffuser1 » Logged

drumwzrd

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2009, 10:51:51 PM »

Car is looking awesome. In regards to the coil over adjustments.....maybe he was trying to save you another 47 hours of labor charges by not doing it   :-\
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »

Dave is there a large wheel gap up front or is that just the angle of the picture ?

You have coilovers on all four corners ?
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.