MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: ** YOUR MOVIE REVIEWS **  (Read 73924 times)
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

Just saw Batman. IMO I liked Iron Man better. BM felt that it dragged out too much. Joker was great. I actually yelled loud when the Mucri got totaled... sad

4 1/2 Stars
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:05:30 PM by FGT » Logged

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »

Saw the movie/documentry Who Killed The Electric Car, very interesting. Looks into GM's EV1 and other types of hybirds.

And in this documentry there was scene from Naked Gun 2 1/2 ( fake Electric Fiero).

EDIT:
Well someone on PFFie's site mention to me that the electric Fiero is real!!!
http://www.evalbum.com/635

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 07:48:00 PM by FGT » Logged

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
2manycars
Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 07:09:56 AM »

A change of pace for me. Last week took my mother to see Mama Mia for her 86 birthday.

I'm not a show tunes/musical kind of guy, but I can tell you from "vast" experience taking you wife/girlfriend to one of these is worth "big" points!! :-\

• 84 SE - loaded, son's car
    • 85 GT - 3.4 transplant candidate
    • 86 SE/GT - the "Chameleon"
    • 88 Factory T-top (the last one for me)
    FerociousGTO
    I'm a ferocious llama!
    Veteran Member
    Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »

Afro Samurai (2007)

Saw the other night a 5 series Japanimation (for adults only). The voice are from known actors Samuel L. Jackson (Vioce to characters), Ron Perlman (Hell Boy), Kelly Hu (X-Men 2).

Four Stars... Very good and close to being as good as Ninja Scroll (movie).

Amazon.com
    The violent five-part adventure Afro Samurai marks both the increasing confluence of American and Japanese pop culture and the shift in Japanese depictions of African-Americans. The popularity of hip-hop in Japan has led to more positive images of blacks, including Takashi Okazaki's original manga. The "Director's Cut" contains an additional 15 minutes of footage, and is even gorier than the broadcast version on Spike TV. As a boy, Afro Samurai saw his father beheaded by the maniacal Justice. The murderer sought an ancient headband that marks the wearer as the #1 warrior in the world. As an adult, Afro seeks only revenge, cutting down anyone who blocks his path to Justice. Afro Samurai depicts a oddly anachronistic world that infuses cell phones, cigarette lighters, and cyber technology into traditional Japanese culture. The elongated character designs recall Peter Chung's Aeon Flux, and much of the series is rendered in moody grays, accented by gobbets of scarlet blood. Afro is such a taciturn figure, most of the dialogue goes to his motor-mouth comrade Ninja Ninja. This big budget production features an eclectic score by Wu-Tang Clan co-founder RZA and an A-list vocal cast that includes Samuel L. Jackson and Ron Perlman. But for all its elaborate production values and over-the-top fights, Afro Samurai suffers from a weakness at its core: Afro is so monosyllabic and cold-blooded, he's not very interesting. His inevitable duel-to-the-death with Justice lacks the emotional punch of Spike's face-off against Vicious in Cowboy Bebop or Kenshin's one-on-one with Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin. This extremely violent series is not for the faint of stomach. (Rated TV MA, suitable for ages 17 and older: graphic violence, profanity, sexual activity, grotesque imagery, nudity, risqué humor, alcohol and tobacco use) --Charles Solomon

2manycars
    Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 06:45:32 PM »

I went Sunday to see Death Race

My youngest son, the apprenticing movie mogul, looked at me appalled at my choice of movies. My wife just shook her head non comprehendingly. ???

Let me set you straight folks, I won't mislead you. With this picure you have no insipid, character build-ups to begin associating with. No twisting psychological sub plots to concentrate on. No witty banter to try and follow between your gulps from your quart of soda, or handfuls from your tub o'popcorn. ;D

"This" is a movie you can enjoy!! Prison designed vehicles built expressly for maximum mayhem, destruction and carnage! :o Don't wait. Go now and get your discount matinee tickets. Ease back in that theatre seat and be prepared to be hypnotized by high rev, engine noise, assaulting you through the mega watt surround sound speakers.

After this flic, you won't be able to get back in that Fiero and not rev that engine, or stomp a foot full of accelerator! Get moving you neanderthals, prepare to be entertained, I was!! :-\

• 84 SE - loaded, son's car
      • 85 GT - 3.4 transplant candidate
      • 86 SE/GT - the "Chameleon"
      • 88 Factory T-top (the last one for me)
      FerociousGTO
      I'm a ferocious llama!
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 08:46:09 PM »

Saw Taken the other night. Real good movie with Liam Neeson and Famke Janssen.... She is so hot!

PLOT: The film follows an ex-CIA "preventer" faced with recovering his daughter after she is kidnapped by sex-traffickers in Paris, France.

padgett

Many Carpets

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »

Just noticed something of interest, Amazon has VANISHING POINT on DVD for $6.99. The interesting part is this is the Fox release (can tell by the blue cover with two helicopters).

On the front side is the US version (98 minutes) which has been on TV a million times but on the flip side is the 108 minute UK version. This includes the long-missing Charlotte Rampling sequence that was cut from the American release. If you collect car movies, this is a must.
      FerociousGTO
      I'm a ferocious llama!
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 09:59:24 PM »

I went to see last night JCVD at the Enzian... IMO it's his best film. Highly recommend it.

FerociousGTO
      I'm a ferocious llama!
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:39 PM »

Saw Yes Man lasrt night. Funny. It's the old Jim Carrey we love.

exoticse
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 01:11:55 AM »

Saw the Movie " TAKEN " this weekend with Liam Neeson.

I highly recommend this movie,..lots of good action and Neeson really, really kicks a** !!

I have a new found respect for him as an actor.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:28:33 AM by exoticse » Logged
      avengador1
      Veteran Member

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »

I saw Taken this weekend too. It is one of my top favorites now. biggrin
      exoticse
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »

OK i did it,...Yes i went to go see THE FAST AND FURIOUS, on Sunday.

The first couple of shows were sold out, and the one we went to was packed. At any rate i think this one was actually pretty good.

More of an actual movie storyline, and to be honest the cars were kind of secondary. Mostly muscle cars in this one, but a lot of the action focused on high speed driving manuvers and such.

If there is one thing i think all of the Fast and Furious movies can hang their hats on is that the ending/final scenes are all pretty kick ass and leave you with that awww yeah type of grin and feeling.

This one was about what i expected. I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
      « Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:43:35 AM by exoticse » Logged
      FerociousGTO
      I'm a ferocious llama!
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »

It's freakin hilarious!  :bowroflarms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzmkDDmoODA (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
      « Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:57:09 PM by FGT » Logged

avengador1
      Veteran Member

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »

Hangover was a laugh a minute. I'm surprised they didn't get an "X" rating from the pictures in the digital camera. OMG/Shocked
      exoticse
      Veteran Member
      Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:06 PM »

Rented and watched the movie " GRAN TORINO ",...very good flick !!

Stars Clint Eastwood as a grumpy, retired, bigoted auto worker and war vet, whose remaining sole love is his 1972 Gran Torino automobile. Well when some Asian neighbors move in next door,...the poop hits the fan, with some rather surprising developments.

Nice drama, and some good laughs too.
      (Side note,..lots of language, and ethnic slurs so definitely not one for the kids.)

Also some cool car stuff in the extra stuff offered after the movie is over.

I give it 4 stars from me !
      « Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:09:21 AM by exoticse » Logged
      Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
        Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.