BatMobile Issues and Updates

<< < (2/50) > >>

lsfinn1:
Thanks Lar --
Yeah, seems that's a big theme, I've been researching the procedure all day -- looking at the pennock forum etc.  It looks a little intimidating and will probably take me a couple of days for sure ^^0^^.   8|

Old Lar:
I took the easy way out and had GT Service do the water pump on my 88.  They discovered a leak problem when it was in for service for some other issue.  I have a low frustration level when doing repairs on the Fieros, even though I do many, but only what I consider simple ones.

Sparkys 88GT:
Need tone careful to not break these soon the timing cover while changing the pump. But on the other hand could be an opportunity to check the timing chain!!!!!

lsfinn1:
Quote from: Old Lar on December 24, 2012, 01:15:38 PM

I took the easy way out and had GT Service do the water pump on my 88.    I have a low frustration level when doing repairs on the Fieros.

Merry Christmas Lar (and all my CFF friends)-- I find it frustrating also and would love to take 'the easy way' if we could afford it  8|.   But, DIY is a heck of a lot cheaper and I kind-of enjoy it (in all honesty, not sure what I'd do without the help of folks on this list ....thank you!  :).)
So, here's a link to the WP I plan to pick up after Christmas -- http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_new-water-pump-toughone-or-gmb_5421721-p?searchTerm=water+pump#fragment-1

lsfinn1:
Quote from: Sparkys 88GT link=topic=2210.msg14091#msg14091 [/quote

Thanks Sparky -- Yeah I've been reading about that risk and have seen conflicting info on the best way to remove the pulley etc... :confused:   No doubt, I'll be asking ya'll lots of questions / sending photos etc  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page