MUSICONICA
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Audio gurus ??  (Read 2863 times)
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« on: January 29, 2011, 02:24:15 AM »

Guys looking for a stereo/CD player for my chopper. I want something of course with I-pod hookup, MP3 compatible and most of the new options, plus with some thump.

Not looking to drop $500 either !  Just something multi-function that can crank out some decent tunes.

Any suggestions on models or brands ? Seen anything that caught your eye ?

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »

I liked the Pioneer FIEROSMIGLA put in his Choptop

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
Blacktree
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »

I bought a JVC KD-HDR60 stereo for the Freak. It has a built-in HD Radio tuner, USB (for iPods and memory sticks), a front-panel aux input, and subwoofer controls. The price was under $150. But they're going for around $100-120 now.

Check it out: http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KD-HDR60-Bluetooth-Satellite-capability/dp/B0035KDK72

Since my dash isn't installed yet, the stereo is sitting on a shelf. But I did get to test it out when I was setting up the wiring. It sounded pretty good.

That said, there are several head units with similar features in that price range. You can go to the Crutchfield website and pick out a unit that meets your specs, then buy it on Amazon. The prices at Amazon are usually lower.

If you want some good thump, you will need a separate subwoofer and amplifier. My setup uses an 8" sub with a 2x40W amp. While some may scoff at the low Watt rating of the amp, it doesn't take much to fill the Fiero cabin with sound. Just make sure you get an amp with adjustable crossover and bass boost controls.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:14:07 AM by Blacktree » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.