MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 235168 times)
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2011, 11:59:39 PM »

Will we see it at Daytona ??
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »

The car will not be at Daytona this year  as I have a lots of odds and ends to tie up,these are the new rims I got 245x30x20 and 285x 30x20 for the rear.

now this is " bling bling"

Corvette caliper with 300lb coilover spring, it sure needs cleaning and painting.

I might just keep them  and run  either size or sell them ......depends  wink

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:25:03 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »

In response to questions about using  two part foam to  form any shape on a car like a widebody it is easy to do and easy to work with.The critical part is not mixing too much foam initially as this thing  swell up to about three time the  size of the mixture and dries fast,it dries in 5 minutes and can be cut and sanded  to any shape.

The good part is laying the fiberglass mat it will not melt the  foam , it dries hard   durable and lightweight,after tapeing the card board templateto the car  pour the mixture in a medium size  zip lock bag then shake it for a few minutes till the two part foam is mixed thoroughly then cut one end off at an angle and pour to fill the area you are filling up.

After it is dried  cut to the shape you want and sand smooth .......apply  glass mat  and finish  to suit.

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »

Nice score on the wheels but IMO i think the orange ones look way better and fit the style of your car more than the chrome ones.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »

I think so  too , will put  them on the truck instead I also picked up a set of 335x35x18 tires $325 each  OMG/Shocked OMG/Shocked but I got them for much less the only problem I am running 19" on the orange rims ......oh well guess I will sell them to some one with  a lambo kit car for $$$$.

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »

One of the disadvantages of running big wheels is the lack of  good braking  and this  low pressure  from the booster  so I ordered a new brake booster that is only 7" in diameter and offers 27%  more  pressure on the master cylinder

this proportioning valve helps to  adjust  front to rear wheel bias

The mounting is  the same style as the original but smaller and should have been OEM but then  who knew the Fiero would be modded  that much. the car now stops much better with way less effort and the cost was much less $49 than a used junk yard piece. More to come

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:33:45 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »

The car has been under re construction for awhile now  and  it is about trime to clean up so I went out and instead of renting I just bought a power washer to remove all the dust and grime from sanding during this period,the plan is to  wash and steam clean then repaint the motor and engine bay.

I started to strip the motor by removing the turbo and a few parts  that would be affected by the pressure cleaner  blast   but I will be careful I will also be doing the underside of the car like suspension and braker and wheels.

I Still have detailing to do  like carpeting the trunk since I did cut the trunk to  make way for the Flowmaster muffler system but I will take care of those soon.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:26:17 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »

I had some time lately to do some work on the car that I had overlooked  and was just lazy but now back on track again. I mounted the  new prop valve on the insidef of the wheel well and now need to plumb it in.

Also as you may have noticed I did switch from the Firebird dash to the Z28 one ,this came from a 2001 Camaro that I prefer more  and is nicer especially as thr ac box I can run one  instead of three hose.
It is almost identical as the Firebird but just a little different here I started to paint patrs of the dash radio bezel.

While at the junk yard I came across a set of  wide body fender flares  from a earlier Grand Prix  and adding them makes the widebody even wider so I got them  and started to work them in my fenders

my 150 mph speedo cluster.

more to come biggrin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:56:56 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2011, 06:22:06 AM »

Keith, I called you a couple weeks ago when I was in Miami and left a VM. ANyway when are you going to prime the car?

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Kento87
Veteran Member

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »

ANyway when are you going to prime the car?

LOL!!!!  OMG/Shocked that is a good one!!!!!!  He has been working on that car for ummm  as long as I can remember, I have ought and sold 2 stock fieros, did a 4.9 swap and picked up a new car in the time he has been working on that one smile  Him and Tony are going to start a club up for slow builds but they keep putting it off tongue hehehehe

KEith answer your phone when I call  cool

88 T-Top Formula #689 1 of 299 Formulas
Awaiting a 4.9 Transplant!
Tony, get moving smile
Former CFF Webmaster
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »

Dave......where have you been  all this time ?  nice to see you active again any way  I have primed  this car over and over  but when the new ideas  hit me I just react and start to modify again just like Madcurl but it is fun to integrate new ideas.

I walk around the car  all the time  looking for faults and try to correct them  when ever possible ( hey this is my dream car )  now the only body work I have to complete are the Grand Prix  fender flares  and the lower front section of it  to cover the wheels so they are not visible when the car is facing you.

As you know I am running 88 front and rear cradles on the 85 model so the wheels stick out more than  regular and the 355 nose magnifies it even more so this I had to correct but every thing is on track and falling into place,because of all the extra things I put in the car  the wiring is just crazy the latest is photoelectric sensors to turn the lights on low beam when it gets dark so just another idea but I am done adding stuff  rolleyes

My voicemail is not set up as I am not able to keep up with  it but will send my cell # later, I  think I read where you are wrapping your car.......interesting choice just curious as to cost , durability and practically and what about it getting a scratch....we will talk later. .
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:50:20 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »

I finally started to mount the new dash after minor  surgery as  the mounting points were slightly different  from the firebird dash, this one sits further back also a little taller on the bottom. The air box I removed and trimmed it down to 3 individual boxes  where the hoses will go into the vents instead of circulating all over the original box.

I still have a way to go with rewiring  so keep tuned.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:15:58 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »

Kieth you better hurry up and finish before i beat you, then Joe may never let you live that one down.

smile
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2011, 06:07:27 AM »

Naw  Tony  I am infected with the Curly disease, all I am doing now is  putting back and double checking everything no more modding  too much money invested  till now  to make a mistake  and I have found many :wall:

Kento87
Veteran Member

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »

Kieth you better hurry up and finish before i beat you, then Joe may never let you live that one down.

smile

Tony, I have seen His car in Person, I know it Exists :p If I get mine finished before you that is when I will never let you live it down biggrin hehehehe if it is like last time, you have about 8 months Tony

88 T-Top Formula #689 1 of 299 Formulas
Awaiting a 4.9 Transplant!
Tony, get moving smile
Former CFF Webmaster
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.