MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 235167 times)
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »

Pappy  my pap wazz up,It is so difficult now to post on those sites that I get discouraged at the sheer effort  but hopefully Dave can send me the link to one in the mean time  Iam having fun with the CTS-V put in a Redline module and new ball bearing turbo now up to 535hp at the wheels not too bad for an old fart to play with and I drive it to Walmart but the Fiero is my baby.

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2015, 12:53:13 PM »

Woo hoo! I love me some horse power and that should get you to Wal Mart in STYLO  cool

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:02:32 AM by Pappy » Logged

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »

kieth !!!!! what's up man !? need some pics !
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »

Well it has been sure boring around here for a long time now have all the projects dried up or abandoned,I for one is just as faulty as  others for letting this forum go to waste so let us get a cracking
and put some lifer back into it.As far as picture goes there is no links to post  pictures and all the others is a nightmare to post a pic so it discourages members  from doing so if any of you guys have a link share it or can the administrators put a program like Pennock.

Since I got the CTS V I have been modding it but it has  more power than I will ever need  and rearly I kick down on it unless there is a real challenge, any how the body work is almost complete after about a year of sanding filling and sanding every square inch of the car till I  got the "V" so on to the Fiero.I did change every stock bulbs to all LED and bi xenon's for the headlights now the car lighting is much nicer and modern and the third brake light all 36" long I mounted in the lip firebird spoiler.If you were following this build  along I installed some sleeves to allow the raising and lowering of the ride height but had to redo them over as one side of the lower control arm started to crack so safety over style I went back to the OEM  UCA and LCA  after having them stiffened and restored now I feel better also removed all the poly bushings as they handled better but were squeaky  and unforgiving on the movement of the  suspension parts.

The Momo steering wheel I had the center  covered with real Lambo leather thanks ebay rolleyes thanks..... the Lambo dealer  that wanted big $$$ for a sq yd when I wanted only  a sq ft and leatherette would crack and the color was hard to find.Waiting to finish putting my interior together also with my new leather seats it should look great.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:37:09 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2015, 06:51:07 AM »

Doing it a step at a time I ordered a 7" dual diaphragm in a chrome finish to complement the master cylinder as the original almost 30 years old has outlived it's useful life and a face lift was due,the radiator fan was also ordered to help keep things cool it was a 16" 10 blade  1700 cfm unit that pulls less current than stock.

The 1/2" aluminum hub for the detachable steering also came in at a whopping $25 and that  made such a difference in fitment just have to disassemble and put it back together  plus a few small things and those are just annoying but it has to be done. Since my power steering swap a few years ago there was a little toe out on the driver side caused by the adjustment being not enough so I have to get a die the size of the extension and thread it about an inch to be safe then that should take care of it

My seatbelts I am going to do this weekend as the 6 point camlock assembly  I had to make extra mounting tabs to mount them to the belt are  for now since there is so much dust inside from the body sanding. Going watch Velocity channel that is where I get my ideas.....later

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2015, 06:30:56 AM »

Some more goodies showed up at my door, carbon fiber wrap to do the inner Firebird door inserts glove box door and dash air vents a new change of plan as I did paint them orange to  go along with the paint scheme but it was a little too much also dual struts for the rear decklid to assists in the support.

When I did install the power steering pump and Fire bird rack on the driver side  it was  about 3/4" out so I had to find a solution to that problem so I bought a die set a  added 1" inward to the  extension  to screw the Firebird tie rod ends on some more.Later.

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #321 on: July 13, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »

Wow .....it is sure dead on this forum, no one is posting anymore except for one liners  here and there   that gives  no incentive to post anymore and not being able to post pics makes it even worse rant  :thumbsdown:. There are some of us that lives elsewhere other than Orlando and surrounding areas that follow this forum and that is evident by the viewership of my build  that makes me feel bad for not posting on a regular basis to keep them in the know so administrators  and members  who have builds ongoing  let readers know what is going on however small breathe some life in here  or like the Fiero  it will just fade away  R.I.P..

The last time I posted I did several things to the Koenig355 ,I added the rear decklid twin struts so my head will benefit  from the trunk falling on it ouch,got some 3" pipes and flex coupling to do my exhaust over  and still perfecting the headlights area more cosmetic finishing than anything but I finally got it to my liking.Then I just  need to replace a few of the gauges to electric and  guess that will be it minus the door inner panels that I am waiting for from another member.

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #322 on: July 13, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »

Yes it is frustrating - I too am having problems with pic posting  sad
But it's good to know you are still rolling along  biggrin Even better knowing your rear deck lid can't attack you anymore

I keep starting projects, but get side tracked easily
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:23:26 PM by Pappy » Logged

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

stay tune I am going to post on steering wheel covers specifically wheelskins,in the next few days . I just recovered my steering wheel  & the new cover gives the interior a pop surprised me
if you have wanted to recover a wheel this will be good info ,I will cover, recovering the steering wheel with the old cover still on & removal of old cover cleaning it (a mess) 7 install new wheel skin.
it cost $150.oo to get a good job on recovering the wheel with quality a steering wheel  cover .
 I will eventuall cover my dash in leather ,I have the leather ,I have decided to spent a few dracma , kopecs,sheckles & hyrinia on my car since I have spent $90,000.oo to $100,000.oo on travel & blonds, the past 12 years  !!
 a wheel with 2 different colors adds a different look actually over power the seats .

go to =www.wheelskins.com
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:35:32 PM by uhlanstan » Logged

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #324 on: August 08, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »

The journey continues in building my dream car and after all these tears and big $$$$$$ and still spending the little odds and ends I am still playing catch up and adding new things, a new project I started now  that I decided to do is to relocate the gas tank filler inlet to where the sail window used to be....mine was replaced by a fiberglass version that I will now modify for the new 2013 Dodge Challenger filler assembly that I picked up from ebay recently. I will then go to the  muffler shop
"Miami Muffler" that does custom work for the local car guys to make the metal neck down to the tank via a short rubber hose, the original gas door will be glassed over.

I now have two vin numbers since the car has been modded so much that it is non recognizable as a 85 notchback so I had to have it registered as a home constructed vehicle {kit car}with a name of my choosing and it has a  new vin plate in the door jamb, with my main concern now over  the cops can go fish and I can laugh at them now while I ride in peace.

The new turbo pipes will be in soon and the time for detailing begins :angry:

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2015, 11:20:24 PM »

Did you name your kit car the Nesta?   cool

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:22 PM »

hahahaha .... Pappy you crack me up with that one ands It made my day  as a matter of fact I will always laugh at that, I have 3 months before I have to finish the registration process but I will have a car friendly name.Here is a true story about  Bob Marley....in 1974 he lived a  house apart from me he and his wife then they had a brown Ford Capri the british  version so in the morning she would be behind the wheel and him trying to push start the car. He was always fussing at her as she  was unable to pop the clutch in time  and I would come out just in time  to assist him push the car  and I remember her saying   "Nesta yu too daam miserable" so  when you mentioned Nesta  it gave me a flashback.

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »

Glad it brought back good memories for you  cool
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:00:40 PM by Pappy » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »

The Koenig 355 is up in the air on jackstands under the car but overall I am pleased I have a few things to do  so before painting  now is the right time I have some more work, among some of the issues to be addressed is sealing out the holes in the floor pan and water proofing it also laying down the new sound deadening material. I have to complete a project I started awhile back to install my door popper and 35lb plungers since my doors are shaved  also install some new style power window  that is just a bolt on replacement.

After a shake down run they worked so well and fast that I bought the remaining 10 he had in stock (greedy) but for the price how could I resist........I will keep an extra set and maybe sell the rest of them.The led rear lights I had to install metal power resistors in parallel across the blinker wires because the bulbs were hyper flashing now they are ok.

That is all for now .

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2015, 11:29:28 PM »

The Koenig 355 is up in the air on jackstands ....

After a shake down run they worked so well and fast that I bought the remaining 10 he had in stock (greedy) but for the price how could I resist....

That is all for now .

So you're the reason I can never find the Little Trees air fresheners at the parts store!!!  LOL

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.