MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 235169 times)
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2014, 01:31:10 AM »

Again it has been awhile since I did an update but work is still being done on the restoration and build on the Koenig Challenge 355 road and touring car, the build has been fun even though I am constantly modding  either  engine  suspension and extensive bodywork so far the sanding has been the most challenging taping 12'' squares and sand for days to get it smooth but I finally got it done.

I did rework the 300zx headlights on the 355 nose to perfection that was a fight getting them into the right position then using poly adhesive to hold them in place on the T shelves support.The doors were my next mod, after widening them with two part foam I shaved them and glassed them over then sanding  and more sanding. On the power train a few changes were made to the fuel system when I added a brand new Barry Grant 750cfm blow thru carb made for the turbo application instead of the regular 650cfm it had before..... this can support  up to 40psi of boost I am only running 11.

I have all parts for an F23  swap in the near future that came from that Cobalt that I have from my neighbor's daughter crashing it  a few months ago............more to come.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:49:43 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »

Today I was mounting a new intercooler that I pocked up recently but had to send it out a local welding shop to have a scoop mounted on the underside to replicate a front mount intercooler air flow,it was a close fit but turned out just  right 28x8x3" now I am going to change the piping around to fit the new intercooler.With this new arrangement I will be running 16 psi of boost instead of 11psi without any detonation or lag and of course we got into the familiar  which is better fuel injection or carb   especially since I just put on a new Barry Grant  blow thru ....well I guess to each his own and I don't have to worry about tuning as it is a breeze.

One of the relocation project I will undertake is to move the "dial a boost" control to the inside  to the dash within easy reach other than where it is in the trunk at least I can adjust it on the fly.Other than that it is more small details and cosmetics that I am now addressing before I start to prepare for sealing and painting.

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2014, 12:40:02 AM »

My friend Delvin  a professional body man  came over to finish the bodywork finally and I mean finish, he was so meticulous in his prep work it blew me away, the doors were my main area of concern but it was so easy for him to correct and in such short time.He then sealed the car with sealer and then applied three full coat of high build primer and then called it a day.

Next week he will block sand  looking for all the high or low spots and correct them apply some glazing putty  then go from there ,at this stage no more mods just prep work as for mechanical there are two section on the chassis leg that I have to do some welding from when I converted from 85 to 88 front cradle  and mount the exhaust pipes with my new 3' pipes.We had a feast and called it a day as the skies started to look angry.

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »

Today I had some time to get some work done to the car,I installed  A new start engine switch was followed  by the permanent installation of  the third LED  brake light.All it  need is a coat of tint paint applied to match the rest of lights. For awhile I have been debating if I should trade in the ipod for a more modern 7" tablet to play my MP3's and internet connectivity I have to modify  my  armrest and get rid of the cup holders for it to fit. but I will nave to find one first .
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:25:28 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »

I had  been thinking of adding my version of a coilover set up but was just too lazy but I finally  took the plunge,I ordered the parts from Summit Racing 2 part#ALL56118 spring adjusters and proceeded to cut  my 88 front springs to the height of 10" and beveled the edges for a better fit.

The adjusters  was welded onto the lower control arm  and  the springs installed quite a few times to adjust stance and ride height to my liking and the handling is firmer and flatter at speed  and not mushy as the stock 88 with body rolls on hard cornering, this install requires suspension tuning and effort but when dialed in correctly the ride is firm like a real sports car  does at least I now have  the luxury of 4 wheel independent adjustability and for the cost you will love it even more than spending a fortune  than going the conventional way $100 vs $400.It is amazing  to see  these high $$ sport cars cornering at high speeds and just spinning out at 60-70 mph because if their suspension is fixed and not aimed to perform.....later.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:42:00 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »

Nice - I am really looking forward to seeing your car one of these days  :thumbsup:

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #306 on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »

Pappy ......where have you been lately? how is your build coming along keep on pushing even though at times  the interest might  make us get lazy,but still [working on it.By the interest in viewers I must update every now and then  even post some pics too but that is becoming a chore with photobucket and a few that  needs too much info just to use their site.

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »

For sometime now I have been contemplating changing the Z28 120 mph  gauge cluster to one with a higher top end so  I decided on the autometer 160mph  speedo and tach and complimentary blue digital mini one's that are analog and digital especially the fuel gauge that are cool as hell. I then tore the Z28 cluster apart to make the new cluster and although it is not done it looks very sharp and impressive.

The next  project was to adapt the  Ferrari mirrors to the doors brackets that turned out to be a little challenging but got it done but the only fear is my grand kids running around the car and breaking  them the only thing I will hear  is sorry and since they are so hard to come by and they are  not cheap $750 each to as much as $2500 a set.......good thing they fold up when not in use.

I had to redo the tail and side lights as they were a little too dark but after  resanding them to the darkness I liked I clear coated them but it was worth the new look also will have the car done for Daytona 2015........more to come.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:47:10 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #308 on: October 13, 2014, 07:24:30 PM »

Over the weekend I just  missed getting a heart attack (literally) as I was walking by the assembly workbench  the wires from my 430 mirrors got hitched in my pocket and one fell face down on the concrete floor,for a moment I had a tight wedgie that gradually loosened up when I discovered  it wasn't broken........that was a scare not at funding but getting another one cheap, they are now in my bedroom all locked away.

With that out of the way I decided to abandon the digital cluster and go back to the panned 155 mph firebird cluster that it is wired for, the only mod I have to do is to get a fiero fuel gauge to replace the original gauge, another thing I did not like was the fluctuation of the digital speedo and tach that I had the first hand experience of driving in his car. I made a center console from fiberglass replacing the wood since I am integrating a new tablet replacing my ipod that was dated.

Started to primer and paint the car all white to spot any imperfections, yes more sanding but I am getting help from my buddy who is a perfectionist in painting now all I do is sand and take orders but I don't mind as it is a collective effort.The reason for the car being painted white is the final orange color will be brighter and  stand out more.

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #309 on: October 14, 2014, 06:37:25 AM »

Over the weekend I just  missed getting a heart attack (literally) as I was walking by the assembly workbench  the wires from my 430 mirrors got hitched in my pocket and one fell face down on the concrete floor,for a moment I had a tight wedgie that gradually loosened up when I discovered  it wasn't broken........that was a scare not at funding but getting another one cheap, they are now in my bedroom all locked away.

I had something similar happen with HID retrofit. Was working on the kitchen counter assembling the HID to my Ninja 250R reflective headlight housing. When I got up a plastic nut from the HID cord got caught under the table while getting up and yanked the headlight out of my hands and to the ceramic floor. HID was fine but reflective headlight housing was trashed. :crybaby:

Post pics of the primed car plz.  :cheerleader:

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »

Merry Christmas.... it has been awhile but I am still on this build just a little occupied with something else,I recently acquired a Cadillac  CTS V  and I am like a kid in a Toys R Us store,it has a Redline performance module  and a set of Magnaflow stainless  mufflers with 3" pipes that makes it top out at 515hp  at the wheel  and 526lb of torque and what an amazing car and has given me a new meaning to speed and comfort (not your grandfathers Cadillac)but will soon get back to what is at hand completing the Koenig ......happy holidays.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:00:38 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »

Merry Christmas to you too! And you got a CTS V - Sweet - Pappy loves that Caddy  cool

Now post some pics for ol Pappy :needpics:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:15:39 PM by Pappy » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »

I don't have a program to upload pics so that is why I haven't posted any lately Pappy.

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2015, 03:04:41 PM »

mODERNIZE YOURSELF AT THE FIERO MEETING JAN 8 THURSDAY TONITE

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2015, 11:20:37 PM »

I don't have a program to upload pics so that is why I haven't posted any lately Pappy.

I understand both of my image shack and photo bucket (free versions) are giving me grief  dead

Pages:  1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.