MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 241597 times)
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2013, 12:58:20 AM »

I finally got around to mount the turbo under the rear of the car  as I always intended to do instead of in the engine baywhere it was always cluttered with the 4.9 manual, first off I had to make the exhaust turbo mount to hold the turbo firm then made a 1" square bar to firmly tie it to the turbo now it is secure and I can feel secure of it not breaking.

The next piece is the 6" flex pipe to tie in the exhaust out to the muffler,I also decided to  use  a 1" pipe  instead of the flange  for the wastegate and the  downpipe the same1" pipe will be welded in for supporting the BOV.I will have to spend a day at Miami Muffler to have them fab up the pipe for me as they have all the right size pipes  and weld much nicer with mandrel bends then off to the chrome shop

Every thing is already mounted,dial a boost , turbo timer meth injection and computer so it is just a matter of reconnection so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:03:40 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Kento87
Veteran Member

« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »

I better step on it or you will get yours finished before i get my 2nd one on the road!!!  OMG/Shocked

88 T-Top Formula #689 1 of 299 Formulas
Awaiting a 4.9 Transplant!
Tony, get moving smile
Former CFF Webmaster
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

Hahaha  Joe no real rush again this time I decided to do it correct.......a ground up resto with all the dressing so like Mike Tyson said "I refuze to looze"  5.1 turbo rules biggrin biggrin biggrin

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:17 PM »

notice the floor has been removed in the trunk so there is lots of space for the muffler.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:16:54 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »

I did get a lead on a T top from a fellow member and decided to check it out as a matter of fact this guy has 4  that he is ready to part with, the one he wants to sell me is $800 a pop, after  putting pen to paper  it would run me $2000 or there about to go pick it up.

I think I will just try to find some thing closer  that I can pick up in a day instead of a round trip or just try to get a  car, cause I only need the T top then sell the rest of it  and recoup  some of my money so I will just be patient.

Kento87
Veteran Member

« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

I did get a lead on a T top from a fellow member and decided to check it out as a matter of fact this guy has 4  that he is ready to part with, the one he wants to sell me is $800 a pop, after  putting pen to paper  it would run me $2000 or there about to go pick it up.

It would  just  be Gas!  you could stay over night here and not have to pay for a hotel.  your saying it would be $1200 in gas?  What are you driving up here?  Your looking at just $400 in gas max. Admit it, your afraid of the cold and dont want to leave FL?.  You Crazy Mon!

Tony, get moving smile
Former CFF Webmaster
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »

Joe thanks for the offer but  Iwill look for something closer that I can do in a day in the mean time I was working over the weekend I was modifyong my fixed steering adapter to accept a quick disconnect NRG hub that will allow the removal of the stering wheel,it serves two purpose....theft and ease of exit enter.

The old momo adapter I cut the four legs off and ground it flat then driller 6 mounting holes to accept the spline part of the quick release that covers the main mounting nut, it is important to but a bood one from Sparco or NRGat about $100 instead of the $18 Chinese knock offs if you love your life or it is worth so little.You have a choice to keep your push button or just pull up the lip of the adapter to tak the wheel off and on you tube you can find all the infi to assist you with your install.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:43:31 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2013, 05:28:07 AM »

You bringing the car to Daytona 2013... Right?

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Nathrak
Veteran Member

« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »

You bringing the car to Daytona 2013... Right?

One could ask you the same question eh?  :confused: :confused: :confused:    cool

Jon and Rebecca
2manycars
Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »

Nathrak:

I had to smile on that one. Here, here!  cool

Marc

• 84 SE - loaded, son's car
    • 85 GT - 3.4 transplant candidate
    • 86 SE/GT - the "Chameleon"
    • 88 Factory T-top (the last one for me)
    Koenig355
    Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »

No no  no the car is not finished  and is far from showing now no fun looking at an unfinished  car,I for one don't believe  in showing a half finished car or a (WIP) that is in primer guys this car is a 100% makeover and not just an engine swap or a few body mods and so much left to do that I wonder if it will ever get finished.

Here are  a few things left to be done:

Still looking door panels to modify and upholster,
    Wire in new Ferrari 460  mirrors(have),
    Lay new carpet (have),
    Windshield (have)
    Minor bodywork and spot prime,
    Finish mounting column and steering adapter (have)
    Finish turbo input and exhaust plumbing,
    Painting.

So there  is alot to do in a short space of time for Daytona and work still goes on until the car is finished or when all the above  takes place   sooner I hope than later. rolleyes

Kento87
    Veteran Member

« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

gotta give him credit guy. he has been consistent with that state for the last 8 years tongue

Tony, get moving smile
    Former CFF Webmaster
    Koenig355
    Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2013, 01:00:19 AM »

Joe this is how car of your dream should be built with every concievable option ......51K plus and still going spending   the good thing I did it all ... perfect!!!!!.

FieroGTLT1
    Veteran Member

« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:59:36 AM by FieroGTLT1 » Logged
    Koenig355
    Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2013, 11:58:36 PM »

Still waiting on pieces to complete the bigger job  but in the mean time the little odds and ends goes on,am almost finished with my between the seat enclosure for the subwoofer and itis a perfect fit and is tuned to 32 hz.The  speaker is a Kicker solorbaric by Stillwater Designes one of their flagship models from years gone by and can handle over1000 watts rms @1 ohm,one might ask why so loud well I am also an audiophile and dabble in  home theatre and car audio and Fieros and boats.The Ipod holder I have to do it over as I completely forgot to mold the leather in to countersink the Ipod in the armrest :angry: fiero

One of the advantages of owning  a Fiero is it gave me a chance to experiment and learn on every thing so I don't have to farm out any work to a vendor and get fraustrated with their work if it is not up to standard.......more to come

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:11:42 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24
      Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.