MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 235173 times)
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

One of the thing I always wanted to do to my project was to pull in the C pillar to make it look like a 355 rear end with the bulging hips, so with that in mind I made cardboard templates to make a form.I taped on the the templates with duct tape and mixed a mix of 2 part foam then poured it on to form a base to get the shapeI wanted.

After getting the desired shape I laid several coats of fiberglass and filler  to get it perfect and I am pleased at the outcome I also made molds to make duplicates if I ever need to make replacements.

stay tuned for more updates.

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »

Daytona ??
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »

At this time I doubt it as I have quite a bit of odds and ends left to do,the door panels I am still looking for  and there is none available locally but still on the lookout for a set.

I still have to finish painting and complete the interior work so as of now everything depends if I can complete the above tasks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:10:34 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2012, 11:46:11 PM »

Koenig we will make it next year  :thumbsup:

We don't wanna roll up half finished - Yours will be looking righteous

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2012, 07:21:27 AM »

Yes Pappy I have spent too much time  and money and  there is too much expectation to roll up  unfinished  OMG/Shocked  :confused:  :naughty:

Your build is coming on  nice and like your attention to details .......................... nice.

exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2012, 11:58:15 PM »

Koenig we will make it next year  :thumbsup:

We don't wanna roll up half finished - Yours will be looking righteous

Are these cars ever really finished ?? Mine will not be finished by a long shot, but it will still be at the show.

I am not trying to win any awards, or impress anyone just sharing my progress. To each his own.

I remember the first ever Daytona show i went to several years back and the cars that peeked my intrest the most,...the unfinished ones that were going somewhere, versus the ones that look the same year after year with no upgrades whatsoever.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:07:45 AM by exoticse » Logged
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:22 AM »

I  got some new things for the car today and will start to instal them  in the next few days, among them are 2009 BMW E66 7 series  14.7" brake rotors these are drilled and slotted and these are huge but still lightweight. I will start to prep the rotors to drill the 5x100 bolt pattern and make new mounting brackets.for the new calipers.......overkill maybe but at least No more fading.

I took  the complete Corvette brake system off the front and things are looking good so far instead of the Charger rotors, pics will come soon of the installs

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:14 AM »

Koenig: Nice upgrade smile

Tony: I think you took that the wrong way

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2012, 11:57:50 PM »

Today I picked up the BMW rotors from the machine shop and bolted them on the front and all I can say is wow these are "Huge"  and look much better than the corvette or charger rotors they are replacing,I did get the material  to make the new caliper brackets and will start those soon.

I decided to relocate my overhead rocker switches to a center console mounted panel design with 6 white rocker switches, these will turn on the nitrous system, nos fuel pump,hid lights,lower driving lights and amplifiers......these looks real sharp and will  blend in with the new console real nice.

As this build is coming to an  end soon I am real pleased how it has turned out so far in every way and was hoping to unveil it at Daytona but things happen the economy did slow things up but this car  is a reflection of my personal taste and I am very happy.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:12:06 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2012, 01:14:06 AM »

Koenig: Nice upgrade smile

Tony: I think you took that the wrong way

No worries pappy it is all good. I was not mad or anything, i just wanted him to know it is ok to roll undone.  biggrin

I just like to share my project and it's progress, not interested in the show (competition)  aspect is all i meant.

I don't worry if someone disapproves or not, of it's current state, because in the end i will be all smiles.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:15:42 AM by exoticse » Logged
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2012, 08:13:11 AM »

Tony  well said :clap: and no offense on the wording and wasn't saying anything negative but that is just the wayI am,we will be driving up to Daytona and will see you and your chop there  cool

My next project is not Fiero related but it will be a chop top Chevy pick up with a monster turbo with nitrous oxide and aiming for about 1000 hp  WTF more like a show truck,it will be called "Jackhammer".........still gathering parts.

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »

Today I had a chance to do some more work on the car mostly electrical lighting  backup camera ac wiring , and making a template for the door sills to make chrome metal inserts. and every thing worked fine.

Awhile back I did phase 2 of the widebodykit and I did not post any pic but here are a few:

Stay tuned for more updates.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:48:29 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2012, 07:19:40 AM »

Love the shot of that fender. Can't wait to see it primed.  :thumbsup:

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »

I love the way the motor sits in the engine bay - I'm looking forward to seeing it in person one day  smile

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »

I did some work on the car over the weekend mostly on the interior, I got my new black carpet from Home Depot for a whopping $51 as opposed tothe lightweight on being sold elsewhere for much more I also laid down two coats of truck  it bedliner spray for sound  deadening  after caulking the floor drain covers I let it dry over night the result was amazing..

After noticeing  there was a defect in the print of the carbon fiber so I contacted Momo and they sent a replacement wheel and got a matching shift knob.

more to come soon.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:52:39 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.