MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 232896 times)
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 10:11:58 PM »

Doing anything with the headlights?

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 11:11:58 PM »

Funny you asked ........ last night I was applying a coat of Fleckstone to give the buckets that rough  sandy texture after which I will shoot it black then clear it.

I pulled the angel eyes apart and changed the leds to green to match the color of the car,these will only come on  when the car is parked via the overhead light switch panel.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:41:41 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »

With the major body work done the focus now is to cover every inch  the fiberglassed area  and sand it to perfection or close to then apply a gelcoat finish to seal in  those areas, the wide body rear extension the front fender extension rear lip spoiler and shaved doors to make them look as normal as the rest of the body.

The rear Ferrari 355 light panel was bonded together into a one piecer and mounted ,it was also sanded  and gelcoated and now looks great as to when I got them.Another twist is going with  european signal  with the reverse lights in the Corvette lens........  those will function as the rear indicator to flash amber by using amber  LED bulbs, and the Sebring reverse lights are now in the pockets once occupied by the rear reflectors. The 3rd brake light is from an early  Cadillac Escalade  and is 36" long and very visible....... as for the headlights they are completed and will be mounted after the car is painted.

I started making a new amp rack to accomadate the 3 amps and crossover behind the seats ,that will countersink  them and make them not so visible as they are now ........so I still have away to go and will post more pics when I get a new camera..
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:58:44 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »

K, You still planning on doing the lambo doors ?
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 12:49:40 AM »

Toneeee......yes to answer your question if I can getaway with mounting the hinges with out taking off the fenders,as you know my fender is molded together  with the nose so it is dependent on the access to the original hinges.

How is the chop coming along ? did you solve the brake issue and what was the final outcome need some new pics now man .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:02:21 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

Here are some more pics:

Sorry for the pic quality but my camera sucks

4.9/5.5 liter Cadillac Turbocharged

Methanol injection,dial a boost ,timing retard and  moroso gas cool can.

still some more fiberglass work to do
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:57:58 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 12:24:52 AM »

These are some more shots of  making  the one piece light panel, after fitting  and cutting the  panels  on the car  there was a 1.5 " space  so it was glassed in while mounted to achieve the correct fitting then removed to do the inside.

With that I hope it is the last set of mods and  body work ,painting hopefully is  next if I don't think of some thing else.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:12:16 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 12:10:06 PM »

Still need to do some work  make the little piece for the trunk lock area but just to see how it look with the blacked out panel.

I received a pm about priming the car.....and I choose not to do it now since the body is not  complete to my satisfaction as yet,  I work on an area then green prime  and block it then sand it hence the camauflage looks now on the car but I will use ureathane primer and then gelcoat and finally  the ithaca verde  Lamborghini  or cheaper  Charger Green paint covered with pink/purple pearl.............it sounds weird but it looks real nice in person.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:45:54 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 12:16:37 PM »

I have been working behind the scene hoping to finish this darn car but I keep making changes, the latest to arrive was my new  carbon fiber steering wheel  and european 355 turn signals from UK and Hong Kong and  I recently  missed out on a pair of 355 replica breakaway mirrors. The mirrors were nice but was missing the clips to allow them  to close also it had no glass  so I passed up on them  but I will keep on looking  for someThe Camaro  ones are nice but would prefer something  more sleek and streamlined.

On starting up the car I noticed  the power steering pump was squeeling and acting strange  only to find the lines were loose so I tightened it up and the air finally escaped and now it is fine..........jacked it up and made sure alll nuts and bolts were fine especially the 88 transplanted front end.

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »

Keith thats looking good.

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »

Thanks big guy ..........when I grow up I wanna be just like you  with a cool looking chop top, the only thing is that I am cluster phobic and the roof will bother me being so close to my head  also the plastic windows freaks me out.

I completed the body work finally I must have  gone through (yeah right) :smile and as for hours  my estimate  is abouta thousandhours ,boxes of sand paper,fiberglass,matting  but it was all worth it and now I am proficient in body repair and not afraid to cut up any cars  to tweak it to my liking.As for the paint I will be doing it my self with the supervision of  friend of mine who is the best when he is (weedically) impaired and he is a perfectionist.

The interior needs to be dynamated to cover the wiring for the audio and video system unlike it was before with the old carpet also the various holes in the floorpan, I am welding those and seal them with seam sealer to keep water out leaving only the holes for the seats  to bolt in since there is no slider for them.

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »

Since changing my headunit to a touchscreen I have been seeking a changer and finally found a brand new one on ebay at a great price that plays both cd and dvd now all the pieces are in place to complete my av system.

I ran the data and audio cable from the trunk  to the inside of the car and connected it to the  the main connection control box under the arm rest and tied up some extra wires, on firing it up everything performed flawless as was expected  but just need some fine tuning to the crossover.
Still searching for some 355 replica side mirrors since the OEM are too expensive $475  OMG/Shocked each even damaged rolleyes
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:08:49 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »

Today  is memorial day  and as a former serviceman I would like to take the time out to remember all our fallen  and wounded  warriors for a job well done and paid the ultimate price.

I has been awhile but work still goes on especially the minute details but every step counts even if I use a tie wrap to hold a wire in place,still on the interior I removed the dash to place  two midrange steel horns in the space below the "A" pillars and ran the  wires down the center  to the amp rack behind the seats.

I also ran the cables for the changer in the trunk and cut out a 1" hole  in the fire wall  to the connection box located under the  center console also the ipod  hooks up at the same place,the 10" sub enclosure was replaced with a new 10"  fiberglass and laminated mdf enclosure  that I am still finishing up but looks and sound much better than the previons one because of the material used.

I went ahead and cut the trunk out to provide  a better and stable mount for  the turbo and exhaust  then I will weld in a new floor  to seal off the area to keep heat and dust out,I am also toying with the idea  of adding a custom made spoiler on the trunk like the real 355 Koenig challenge...........I am not a lover of spoiler especially for the Fiero but  this one looks awesome  if I can have one made just like the original .

If I can find one of the aluminum one's on ebay I would use it as a platform to start with at least it will not bow in the middle  so that is where I am at right now hopefully I will have pics on the next update. cool

Edited to add I found one on ebay for a very good price $125 shipped that is 48" in length and 6" wide and is almost looking the same as the original Ferrari $1500   OMG/Shocked oem replacement, the work goes on.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:55:21 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »

Well after careful thought  I went ahead and purchased a wing to duplicate the above look of the Ferrari Challenge car,

I am going to cut it in half and  lengthen it by 10" in the middle to achieve  the desired width of 58" then reinforce  and glass it in the ends will also be trimmed shorter, it will be painted   black and this is what it should look like or close when completed.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:14:35 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »

I want to see that wing on your Fiero!
 fiero
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:35:57 AM by FGT » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.