2008 America Le Mans Series (ALMS)
(1/5) > >>
FerociousGTO:

56th Annual Mobile1 12 Hours of Sebring (March 12 - 16th, 2008)

Gear to take:

Any one going this weekend?
http://www.SebringRaceway.com

Here are some pictures from this past weekend ( March 8 ) at the Mazda dealership on 436 (Orlando, FL). Here are the Mazda Race Team drivers (Ben Devlin & John Doe) with Mia :)

Trying to get my butt in the Mazda/Lola MZR-R protoype.... Steering wheel didn't come off.

2002z28ssconv:
Too funny!

John Doe is actually Gerardo (BoBo as we call him) Bonilla. He's a fellow autocrosser from Martin Sports Car Club that has moved up through the ranks to finally get a big time ride. We're his biggest fans and I think there will be a bunch of us going to watch him race at Sebring.

He's an incredible driver and teacher too. He still gets a chance to come out to an MSCC event and offer his services as a top notch instructor (for free of course) every now and then, although the scheduling requirements of this opportunity will probably mean the end of that. Here is his more about him.

***EDIT*** Go! Go! BoBo! The Martin Mafia is "representin"!
FerociousGTO:

56th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Sebring / 3.7 miles
March 12-15 / Sebring, FL

Results
http://www.americanlemans.com/Competition/SessionDetail.aspx?ID=47Sebring-FinalRaceResult
-------

Here are some pics from Sebring Lemans... Lots of FUN! IT's a party and there was lots of weird stuff. There is another race coming April 5, 2008 @ St. Petersburg, FL.

Super Ticket... Not really super... Didn't get me into the pits... :( Hey first time. I learned alot.

Hankook bimbos ;)

The Red Heads...

My favorite Ferrari ;)

More Red Heads

C6R

Prototype

Ford GT

Porsche

WTF: Dodge City?

2002z28ssconv:
Were you between turns 3 & 7?

That looks like turn 3. I spent most of the day on the outside of turn 3. I wish I would have known you were going... I would hAve called your cell.

This was my first Sebring race as well as first ALMS race. The BP car ended up having a fuel cell leak that they weren't able to fix. After they didn't get it repaired in time (only had like an hour after the start) they were DQed. They'll try again at St. Pete in 2 weeks. What sucks was that Gerardo has thousands of laps at Sebring. I think he could have given Mazda a good showing.

Next time....
FerociousGTO:
Quote from: 2002z28ssconv on March 16, 2008, 09:33:57 PM

Were you between turns 3 & 7?

<Quoted Image Removed>

That looks like turn 3. I spent most of the day on the outside of turn 3. I wish I would have known you were going... I would hAve called your cell.

This was my first Sebring race as well as first ALMS race. The BP car ended up having a fuel cell leak that they weren't able to fix. After they didn't get it repaired in time (only had like an hour after the start) they were DQed. They'll try again at St. Pete in 2 weeks. What sucks was that Gerardo has thousands of laps at Sebring. I think he could have given Mazda a good showing.

Next time....

It was my first ALMS too. For some reason I didn't think you where going. Post your pictures. Chuck, are you going to the St Pete ALMS on April 5? I'm planning on it... I'm going to change the title to "2008 America Le Mans Series (ALMS)" thread.  ;D
Navigation
Message Index
Next page