Turn Signal Problems
(1/1)
Ancient Mariner:
Turn signals flashing very slow (left significantly slower than right). Replaced the turn signal flasher, no help. Just replaced all dual-filament bulbs (front and back).  Frequency of flashing picked up a little bit, but left still much slower than right. Any ideas?

P.S. Now when I turn on the headlights or parking lights, the left-front parking light does not come on, but the left-turn signal indicator light on the dash does come on, and when I turn the left turn signal on, nothing happens.  :confused:
2002z28ssconv:
Bad bulb made mine behave weird like that. Front left rectangular orange light in the bumper is my guess. The filament burned in half and swung down making contact with the other filament inside the bulb.
Ancient Mariner:
I've changed every bulb except the reverse bulbs (8 in total, 6 tail/brake/turn, and two turn/running), and the problem persists.  :confused: Guess next step is to check the wiring for each double filament bulb to see if there is a short in the wiring itself.  :(
2002z28ssconv:
Pull the left front bulb again. When you turn on the running lights it's back feeding power into your turn signal. Detective bulb... or pinched or bad wire but that's not too likely. Pull the bulb, turn on lights, see if the blinker indicator illuminates. If it doesn't, for issue is in that spot. Wiring, bulb socket, bulb... something.
Navigation
Message Index