MUSICONICA
+  Central Florida Fieros Forum
|-+  Fiero Discussion» General Discussion» Website renewal
Username:
Password:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website renewal  (Read 1407 times)
Proud88GT
Administrator

Topic starter

« on: January 02, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »

I paid for the renewal of the website.  $60.   I canít do this anymore.  Someone needs to take over the site and be able to keep it up.  Please message me if interested.  I will be contacting the hosting company in the next three months to remove my card info off this site.

Mitchell
Proud88GT
Administrator

Topic starter

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:10:28 PM »

So no one is interested in taking over the website.  From what I can see from the hosting company, if I remove my information from the hosting site without adding someone else this site will shut down. 

Mitchell
2manycars
Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:40:42 AM »

confused? I feel like Yogi Bera - it's deja vu all over again.

I can recall at least 3 times Pappy, myself, Chuck have expressed a willingness to get access to, learn and otherwise attempt to take responsibility for the Forum. It seems to die each time when no one is given the credentials to log in, make changes and otherwise assume the responsibilities.

It's beyond just paying the bills. If we all knew when the bill was due I'm sure there are plenty that would chip in $5 or $10. I have in the past.

If we're continuing to be split because of being on Face Book as well .  .  . well we've had that discussion.

There seems to be a number of folks still coming to the Forum myself included. As to Face Book I don't know because I don't have an account and don't use it.

If you want some money I'll send you a check. All you need to do is ask. If you want somebody to take it over then we need some time (hours not minutes) and some information how the site works, how to maintain it, who the hosting company is and contacts and most important a site guide for doing stuff.

Marc

• 84 SE - loaded, son's car
    • 85 GT - 3.4 transplant candidate
    • 86 SE/GT - the "Chameleon"
    • 88 Factory T-top (the last one for me)
    draco24433
    Veteran Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 08:40:24 PM »

What does it entail taking "keeping up" with the website besides paying the $60?
    2manycars
    Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »

There's regular maintenance:

Approving new members, culling out inactive members. Deleting "old" posts (several times we've gone over our limits). Doing regular software updates.

Then there's freshening up appearances (maybe feature new members cars), holiday looks for the website. Maybe making better use of the calendar to keep members up to date on events, etc., etc.

The site's only as useful as we make it.

Marc

draco24433
      Veteran Member

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »

I dont mind paying for it but I have no idea as to how to maintain a website.
      Proud88GT
      Administrator

Topic starter

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »

I have no idea how to maintain the website either.  All I know is I have admin rights and the hosting company has my information to pay for the website.  There was someone else that took care of this for us and all I did was pay.  I just donít have time to maintain a site that I have no idea what I am doing as well keep paying for a site etc.  I know that people will help with the cost but having someone take over both the cost and maintenance is key.   The club needs to decide what they want to happen.  From what I understand the hosting company will need contact information for the new owner as well as their credit card information on fill for billing etc.   I believe it is like $20 for the domain and $60 for the hosting a year.  I havenít asked for money but it is time for someone else to take on this.  I am currently involved with to many things and it is not fair for the club.
      2manycars
      Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »

I've dropped a note/Email to both Dave and Blacktree. Hopefully one of them will get back to me.

If we can get this issue resolved as to access then I have no problem taking this over until we can get it further resolved. Without access the whole point is moot. We've let this go far too long.

Marc

Blacktree
        Administrator
        Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »

Sorry guys, haven't been on CFF in a long time. Looks like the forum software needed an update, so I took care of it. I'll explain how to do that really quick. If you have full admin privilege, you can click on the Admin link near the top of the page, then click on Packages from the menu on the left. If the software needs an update, the Packages page will have a message to that effect, and a download link. Click the link, and start the update. From there, it takes care of itself.

I would also suggest backing up the forum before an update, just in case. Once again, you start with the Admin link near the top of the page. Then from the menu on the left, select Forum Maintenance. You'll see a button marked DOWNLOAD. Click it. A copy of the forum database is now saved on your computer.

As of right now, the following people have full admin privileges:
        - Marc
        - Mitch
        - Chuck
        - Me

Also, Pappy is a Global Moderator. He has most of the moderator privileges, but doesn't have the ability to administer the forum software and layout.

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't notify moderators when people apply for membership. So it would be a good idea to check periodically.

Also, any of the 4 admins listed above can change anyone's member group. So for example, you can make someone a moderator (or full admin), or remove their moderator / admin status. So you guys can decide among yourselves who gets to steer the ship, so to speak.

Sorry for taking so long to address this. Hope you all are having a great new year.

Later,
        --Mike
        2manycars
        Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 07:18:40 AM »

Hey BlackTree:

Thanks for the inputs. Answers several long-time nagging questions.

Don't be a stranger, hear?!

Marc

uhlanstan
          Veteran Member

Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 05:33:49 AM »

I will chip in at least a dollar,& hard luck advise,, Im going to bring some valued parts like ported exhaust system & who ever wants the part can throw in a few bucks to the club..I also have new Fiero parts but may be to cheap frugal skinflint to let them go!!  I always need money for booze drugs & ladies of questional virtue,not to mention the pay sites on TV,like ehh ,church donations ..
            when one airplane engine fails the second engine will get you to the crash site

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
          Pages: [1]
            Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.