MUSICONICA
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LARGE RACING SEAT INSTALL  (Read 307 times)
uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Topic starter
Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« on: January 02, 2019, 08:33:20 AM »

i HAVE PURCHASED 2 "SICK SPEED" SEATS TO INSTALL IN MY RAT FIERO
THESE SEATS WILL FIT IN THE FIERO  BUT THIS IS NOT AN EASY INSTALL BECAUSE THE SEATS BARELY FIT
SO FAR i HAVE THE PASSENGER SEAT IN THE FIERO i WILL COVER TYHE INSTALL & PROBLEMS IN MY NEXT POST .
 YOU CAN SEE THE SEATS ON EBAY THEY COME IN DIFFERENT COLORS THE RED WAS DIFFICULT TO GET FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS BUT NOW SEEM TO BE AVAILABLE .i TRIED MANY TIMES TO ORDER & RECIEVE THESE SEATS BECAUSE i WANTED TOTAL RED AGRESSIVE SEATS  THESE ARE BIGGER THAN YOU WOULD NORMALLY SEE IN A FIERO THERE IS A STEEL BOTTOM FRAME .
JUST GO TO eBAY  TO BUCKET SEATS & LOCATE SICK SPEED  SEAT THE COMPANY PAYS SHIPPING COST, THESE SEATS ARE  $400.00 FOR THE PAIR 2 SEATS  THEY GIVE THE FIERO CABIN A DIFFERENT RACIER  LOOK ALSO YOU CAN REMOVE SEAT CUSHIONING  THESE ARE REALLY LITE WEIGHT.

ROYAL ROTUNESS

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:48:21 AM »

If you believe the pen is mightier than the sword ,you never encountered automatic weapons fire !
   I mounted the passenger seat,I remove the adjuster this left the lower seat brackets exposed , I force the seat up against the console, lucky the daughter of Satan came to my leanto hovel & assisted me so the seat was lowered drop onto the seat stud,I had previous made short flat brackets with a bolt sticking up for the door side.the  bracket hole lower onto floor stud  & the bolt fit in the seat bar bracket
 there are now many custom seats in cars made in the past 5 years ,so the salvage junk yard is one of the best source ,even some Honda civics have tall bucket seats.. Audi has some of the most comfortable !
  just place the seat company name in "search'" like MOMO seat, corbeau seat ,sparco Cobra Konig,V racing & get size style weight & mesurement  also procar, summit & others have bucket seats at low price.
  Mr mike seat covers are one of the best looks
  I am using the Suzuka seats to lower weight & get racier visual impact these seats weigh 13 pounds,a savings of 40 pounds over the original Fiero seats  at 35 pounds each, I am trying to remove 250 pounds, things like a 15 pound battery remove A/C unit,smaller starter(courtesy of Chuck.of course I have added  auto transmission & Beretta brakes. I am using L brackets to mount the driver seat ,I have some heavy duty brass plated , I will remove the passenger seat so any one interested can see how it is mounted.
  the L brackets are bent to the shape so the seat can be mounted,sorry no photos but it is very simple.. I had 2 layer of carpet, I had layed red carpet over the stock Fiero carpet, when I remove the top carpet  & cut out a section of the stock thier was much more of the stock stud sticking up..
  the seat with the adjuster is very difficult to operate if you mount seat flat level with floor,but it can be done ..I will use heat & bend the L brackets the seats barely clear the doors
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:19:00 AM by uhlanstan » Logged

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:09:39 AM »

Rodney Dickman now has new isolation relay,s for the head lights if I survive I am going to mount my lite battery up front against the fire wall,where the A/C filter was.. & install the isolation relay.
 my apology on the delay about the seat install but the cancer is slowing me down
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:14:13 AM by uhlanstan » Logged

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 11:44:54 PM »

Mr mike has the bestest seat cover for fiero exquisite elegant style
summit has reclining seats at a good price these are race style seat,but recline perfect for the other laird butt fiero owners like myself
 the litest seats are the plastic racing seats ,about $40.oo most have a seat cover available
NRG seat are a good buy on e bay,lite weight
 the suzuka seats actually weigh 15&1/2 pound on Publix scale, the  seat is 13 pound  the cradle brackets weigh almost 3 pounds they can be used as mounting ,or you mount direct to seat,side mount use large  L brackets, the seat cradle mounting use holes already drilled.remember if a twin engine plane has one engine go out , the other engine will get you to the crash site
royal rotuness

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 04:46:48 AM »

have had seat out 20 times have decided to use seat cradle brackets that came with seats easiest mounting ai have passenger seat in car if anyone wants to see what it looks like

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 02:34:07 AM »

Well ! I changed every thing , I am using the stock fiero seat adjustment slider on the driver side , you just have to make  modifications to the stock fiero floor mount adjuster & drill new holes to mount the sick speed seats , it is all done with drill & cutting wheel. there is plenty of room on the driver side. I am one of the lard bucket  fiero owners, these seats are difficult to get out of the car from, you can drill mount holes so you have more adjustment to the rear making making exit easier. I had to fabricate an extention for the seat belt out of thick sheet metal  so it sticks up for snap in. these seats look fantastic & are very comfortable ,you are held in .
 BUT entry & exit are not easy ,they look exquisite , a real neato jet upgrade in appearance
Royal rotunness
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:35:40 AM by uhlanstan » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.