MUSICONICA
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Status of forum and general batty confusion  (Read 567 times)
lsfinn1
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« on: May 28, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »

The forum appears almost comatose, which I find really sad -- I miss you guys.   sad shy
I don't do FB often, but checked the two pages and it just doesn't feel cohesive anymore -- too scattered.  Am I the only one that feels this way? Several times the last many months I've thought about posting  something, but not sure where is the right place anymore.  So this time, instead of not posting at all, I'll just pretend the forum is like it used to be and maybe someone will see this...

I've been having trouble with the jeep clutch and did a general search for 'clutch problem' on you tube and was surprised when I found a video with Mark talking about a Fiero clutch.  OMG/Shocked   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FPqvCJAgo
It was helpful, the only think wrong is I can't find part two?  confused?   

I have a few minor things with the BatMobile still to do and am hoping someone can give me a hand one day (Mark, Chuck, Pappy, Larry...anyone??).  Nothing fatal, just lots of little things.  The balljoints and E-brake are left from when we did the frame (THANK YOU all again, especially Mark!)
I installed a tach filter (from Dickman), but the high RPM issue is still there -- so I'm back to thinking about the TCC again rolleyes   Also, I think my valve cover gasket is leaking..... shy   

Hello.. Is anyone home? Where did everyone go? sad  shy  confused?

Laura S Finn

88GT silver "The BatMobile"
2manycars
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

The Chameleon

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 05:33:30 AM »

Couldn't agree with you more (re: the Forum).

I myself have been remiss and promise to improve. I've got a number of pictures to post on recent events and will get working on them.

I don't do Facebook (don't even have an account). Your reference to the Facebook page not showing much activity I found curious. I had figured everyone was hanging out there? Guess there's a bigger problem.

Spacecoast has also migrated to Facebook and I miss all their postings unless someone sends me an Email.

With regards to your car(s) - I'm heading out to Oregon in the next couple of weeks to satisfy "grandma's" new grandbaby withdrawals! When I get back I'll make some time to wrap up you car issues. That might not be quick enough for the jeep, so give me a call if you like and let's see if we can figure out the problem there.

Marc

• 84 SE - loaded, son's car
    • 85 GT - 3.4 transplant candidate
    • 86 SE/GT - the "Chameleon"
    • 88 Factory T-top (the last one for me)
    lsfinn1
    Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 06:59:34 AM »

Hey Marc,
    Thank you!!!It's so good to know I'm not alone  shy shy 
    We have a nice concrete pad now where the camper is usually parked and there's a lot more room to work during the times when Tom has the camper out of town. He's in MN now until the end of June.
    I'll try to give you a call in the next day or two. Say hi to Barb for me  smile

Laura S Finn

88GT silver "The BatMobile"
    uhlanstan
    Veteran Member

Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 03:23:01 PM »

My marriage proposal for mrs.Chelsea charms was turn down ,darn it .she wants some one more alive  she has a web site if you want to check her out ??

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
    uhlanstan
    Veteran Member

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 03:26:54 PM »

Once the head gasket is over tighten ,a common problem ,the only solution is to torque bolt even . you can use the spacer s that spread the load,they somtimes work but a new gasket may be required

uhlanstan
    Veteran Member

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »

got the key lock figured out ,so will drive my fiero to next meet,after a 9 month drought,but may need a fuel pump

2002z28ssconv
    Administrator
    Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »

Post any time you think to.

Thee only way to see more involvement is to be more involved.

If enough are interested in a cruise or a get together,  we can put one together... maybe even a tech day for fixing people's stuffs.
    Warlordsix

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 08:43:00 AM »

Hi, guys.  I can't say I'm new to the forum, as I joined a year and a half ago, but I've not been very active.  I'm hoping to fix that.  Good place to start, as far as I'm concerned, is at the next meet-and-greet at Anthonys.  So, is our next meeting still happening on the 5th, the day after Independence Day?

BTW I'm near Daytona.  Any members in the nearby vicinity?

Thanks,

Ernie

'87 Fiero 4.9 V8 Getrag, two Rokon 2-wheel drive bikes and an ATK 406XC hare scrambles bike...yeah, I'm a nutcase for weird, American iron.
    2002z28ssconv
    Administrator
    Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 06:55:51 AM »

Yes
    Always the first Thursday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Warlordsix

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 07:14:09 AM »

Thanks.  Planning to make it. 

Ernie

'87 Fiero 4.9 V8 Getrag, two Rokon 2-wheel drive bikes and an ATK 406XC hare scrambles bike...yeah, I'm a nutcase for weird, American iron.
    uhlanstan
    Veteran Member

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »

love the name warlord 6 come out & see us

Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.