Restore

(1/1)

86fiero86:
Hello I have an 86 fiero 6 cylinder and I'm going through the whole car and replacING various parts. I finally got it running strong and the heat the engine produces is HUGE no wonder why they were burning up. Has anyone put a louver vent on the back hood? And how big should I go if you have. I was going to rivit it in and bonds it and paint the entire car. Also is it common that the switches in the car are weird like tou have to use the switch half way for it to work? I've replaced half of them and they still have that same thing going on. Let me know what you all think any suggestions would be awesome.

2manycars:
Welcome to the group.

Looks like you're past due to come and hang out with some of the "old" Fiero hands and learn about the Fiero idiosyncrasies.

For example, the V6's run hot by design. Remember you have a mid engine drawing coolant from 8 feet away. The air flow to the engine compartment is engineered to come up from under the car and out through the back vents. Some of the awkward, ram jet air designs tried to reverse what was originally engineered frankly looking silly (my opinion) and didn't do what they were intended to.

The car operates smoothly pushing the engine temps around 200 degrees, all things being operable.

Stop by some of the meetings and you can engage in some good discussions. Maybe a Tech Day is in the offing to go through your car and list some service suggestions.

Marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index