MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
  Print  
Author Topic: The FGTO build chronicles  (Read 187386 times)
Blacktree
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »

Is the battery holding a charge now?
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »

No sure yet. I am keeping it unplugged and starting FGTO up once a week.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:49:29 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »

Have not updated this thread in a while... So let's start.

Review of FGTO (11-18-2012)

As you are aware FGTO has been at Whodeanies since April 2011 until Nov 2012. To many delays, excuses, mislead, what every you want to call it... FRUSTRATING! IMO Dean is a cool guy, just make the shop cool too.

UNKNOWN: 3800 SCII reinstall, new mounts, dog bone, sits lower, clean, secure and strong. (impressive) MISFIRE ISSUES.
GOOD: new Alternator and relocated.
GOOD: New fuel pump.
GOOD: Installed low mileage clutch.
GOOD: Replaced engine bearings.
GOOD: Replaced problematic intake manifold gasket w/ GM metallic one (I hope so)
GOOD: FG Front bumper design and finish (impressive)
GOOD: Round LED Tail Lights (impressive)
GOOD: Battery was relocated to the front for weight reasons
BAD: A/C conversion from working R12 to non working R134a.
BAD: Front bumper Splitter is splitting open.
BAD: Missing Interior center console, glove box, passenger seat....
BAD:Cruise control and trunk lock switch not working.
BAD: Clutch need to be bled.
BAD: Metal break line pinned between the alternator and the trunk wall. (NO BUENO)
BAD: No time to fix fuel gauge issue.
BAD: PCM is supported by wires. No screws or bolts holding it down. WHY?!
UGLY: Communication and constant delays/excuses but very polite.
UNKNOWN: Have to look behind the firewall to see how the wires are routed and if any thing to protect them from the engine heat.
UNKNOWN: Not sure if the battery drain has been resolved. Reviewing.

The infamous Pop, soda, coke can test for clearance.

Patching opening under the hood extractor was patch. Was not smooth out. Troyboy was kind enough to bring this to my attention since the battery was relocated to the front.

3800 SC II installation was redone. Engine install is clean, secure, sits lower, new mounts, dog bone and alternator has been relocated.

This is where the alternator use to be... Torque the engine and it sparked against the strut tower.

New and relocated alternator. Notice here the break line is pinned down between the between the alternator and the trunk wall. I accelerated the engine and it not shift out of place but for safety reason I will move the out of the sandwich spot. NO BUENO!

LED tail lights look incredible and are very bright. The lens are spray painted satin black like yellowstones. The other side where the old lens has clean cuts but the opening NEED to be closed to avoid getting dust into the clear covers of the taillights. I guess this is ABS and I do have experience working on this type of plastic.

Missing interior (center console, Glove box, my passenger side seat.... LOL.. had to laugh .... What can I say. The move is not an excuse. There should have been better organization of customer parts. I know several customer are having issues with this. Dean did mention he would get them to me some how. I hope it won't take too long.

The splitter or diffuser is interesting how Whodeanies created it using hollow plastic just like those lawn sign that say "Vote For Me". Fiberglass doesn't stick to the material and it's splitting on the back end. This isn't the design that was suppose to be done. Whodeanies did receive detail information earlier in the year with large laser print outs.

Design is base on a 2006 Venturi Heritage GT3

No big deal with Blacktree we are going to make a new splitter possibly using that same material to keep the weight down and cover it with carbon fiber.... maybe. It will have to stick out an inch more then the current. Aprox two inches out. We will make the round opening as pictured above for additional driving lights.

For the most part I am happy with Whodeanies Customs work but do need to get the pending issues resolved and get a list of work and parts performed on my car. Dean was kind enough to Replace my rear deck vents with ones that had blinders (not sure what you call them).

EVERYONE WHO SENDS A CAR TO A CUSTOM SHOP SHOULD BE ABLE TO POST THEIR HONEST OPINION OF THE WORK PERFORMED WITHOUT HAVING TO FEAR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL SAY. Just keep it polite and don't show your a$$.

Special thanks for Blacktree and 85LAMB for helping me review FGTO and to any customers that have posted there honest opinions on PFF.... It just benefits everyone at the end.

Will be talking with Blacktree and setting up a game plan to finisher her up. I'd say FGTO is about 98% complete on the exterior. If I recall anything else I'll add it later.

I like to apologies to BV Motorsports for any unnecessary comment I have made in the past. After hearing other customer and myself having certain issue with Whodeanies Customs; BV Motorsports has valid concerns and hope Dean and Steven can work something out.

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2013, 09:15:38 PM »

UPS girl dropped off new toys from China.... again. Since I used the previous ones to mod another headlight.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:26:01 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

rpro
Veteran Member

« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2013, 04:30:44 AM »

Nice headlights. Haha
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2013, 03:58:50 PM »

NSFW maybe...

UPS girl stopped by today with some new toys.... 10W High Power "LEDayFlex" Flexible LED Daytime Running Lights w/ Amber turn signal.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LEDayFlex-Style-Flexible-Design-LED-DRL-p/led_drl_7a.htm

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:27:40 AM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »

Nice   smile

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2013, 08:35:27 AM »

-Yesterday inspected and took measurements of the fascia. Noticed that one LED tail light installed by Dean fell inwards...
LOL

-Removed the front body to inspect the right side fender well crack and noticed the FG/metal support brackets (marker light area) on the fascia where cut out. I don't understand WHY Dean (half-wit) cut these support brackets out since the exterior area of the marker lights where glassed. This could explain "why" when I nicked the bottom right side of the diffuser on the driveway and caused the crack on the same side fender well.
confused?

Dean is not the man...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:33:02 AM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »

Do you think the supports could be remade and added back to the panel?

Sorry about what happened with your car in Atlanta man

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
85LAMB
Veteran Member

« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

Hey
I think he had to cut the "back" of the turn signal opening, 
to be able to put something behind the opening to fiberglass it.
I personally don't think that missing bracket will make a big diff.
I know Blacktree did a good job  :thumbsup:

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »

Thanks Linc. Was concerned about the sturdiness. That bracket was add by Archie's boys. Mike did great job when he made the bumper detectable.

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »

Met up at Lincoln's place today to start with the modification on the fascia. Cutting here and there. Dang that is some thick stuff!  OMG/Shocked

EDIT: 2013-May-06
-Grinding the removable part of the fascia. Ran into Dean's bondo/Filler cake (gray areas are FG, the rest is filler). Dang it's thick! Anyone who had body done by Dean should be very concerned! Get ready for the surprises!

-I will cut out much as possible.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:12:15 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Blacktree
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »

Wow, you're not kidding. That is WAY too thick! And it looks like much of it is filler putty. Yuck.
madcurls

« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »

Any news regarding the nose?  smile
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »

Any news regarding the nose?  smile

Soon...

Don't like posting ANY dead air or BS in my thread :naughty:, so here is a quick update. :popcorn:

-Took the GT-One NSX headlights apart... again (pic01).
-Picked up at Harbor Freight Tools  two 2" LED Marker lights (pic02).
-Masked off and cut out the area to fit the 2" LED Marker light (pic03, 04, 05).
-Very tight fit and done (pic06). These are not blinkers. Just wanted to be D.O.T compliant (hopefully). The blinkers will go around the stock location on the  fascia (Switchback DRL (Porsche Cayenne Style)). I'll post the Bi-Xenon assembly tomorrow.

Bi-Xenon headlights parts included with kit. Fits all headlight housings. I use the bigger washers due to openings from previous lights.

Hmmm...  :puke:
Orange is too funky looking! Screw D.O.T.... Ordered 2" white LED from CloserToWholesale.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:43:29 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.