MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
  Print  
Author Topic: The FGTO build chronicles  (Read 188770 times)
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2012, 08:47:09 AM »

UPDATE!

04/18/2012
whodeanie customs

Originally posted by whodeanie on PFF:

our lease was with the last owner of the building and it was month to month. when the FDIC took over we paid them but no lease was signed they just kept it the same as it was. I did talk to the lawyer yesterday and told him that their was no way to move that fast and that we needed 30 days. he is going to get back to me today on it. what the deal is, is the building is under contract and the new owner wants us out before he signs the papers so he does not have to deal with it so they are trying to strong arm us out. I think we will get the 30 days. we have known this was going to happen for a long time now and it has been a big stress for me not knowing when it would. so now I just need to find a new home for the shop and keep working. I hate moving but I am sure things will work out for the better. I want to let everyone that has a car here that they will be taken care of and they will still be finished. I will not let anyone of you down :thumbsup:
D.

EDIT:
Dean just called. He got a 30 day extension!  :dance: So FGTO is going to the new shop!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:53:15 AM by FerociousGTO » Logged

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:47 PM »

Quick update... for some reason I thought the 1 year anniversary for FGTO at Dean's shop was August 2011 which was going to be my cut off date and bring her back home... Just realized it was April 2011.  :crybaby: Can't beleive it's been over a year.  :think:

http://centralfloridafieros.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.msg7962#msg7962

'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors, 18"/20" Axis wheels.
Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »

It's ok, a good wine takes time and gets better with age

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »

Hello guys and gals,

I just left Dean's shop and everything is business as usual. I will post photos later when I get to Birmingham and have a Milo's burger.

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »

Well back in Orlando and time to post my pics and observations from the visit to "Whodeanie's Custom" this past Thursday. According to BV:

- The shop is going under... FALSE
- Whom ever has their cars there will lose them due to the shop situation... FALSE
- Facebook and Web Site is down... TRUE due to update.

From what I was able to see after driving for more then 8+ hours one way is that BV is a liar, manipulated the facts due to his personal issues with Whodeanie's Custom, and extremely selfish. I (and other customers) did not have to be put in this situation especially since I have been dealing with financial hardship for over a year and having to deal with the costs/time of driving to Canton, GA... Thank goodness the shop is in driving distance and not in the Midwest. Dean has been helpful by keeping my car stored at the shop. I and the other Whodeanie's Custom customer that have chatted, PMed, emailed and text in the last few days have nothing to worry.

I will say that I have been very patient (like most of us) with Dean and the constant delays have been frustrating. On top of all it did not help waiting a week for a callback and learning that his phone was disconnected w/o notice... and later his sites are down. O let's not forget BV in the mix = STRESS! I feel that Dean is gearing up and will start 2013 fresh and successfully. IMO the new shop is just the right size.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075728-35.html#p1361

Dean did admit the FGTO has been setting outside for over a week... Wouldn't start due to old gas and something seem to be draining the battery. Dean will look into it. Just some random pics.

This week FGTO gets the new LED tail lights and work on the nose continues.

EDIT:
11/18/2012
Strikethrough above.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:58:08 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2012, 12:11:45 PM »

Well since you talked to him on the phone what is that 11 year disable vet thing about?

I kinda take offense to that - UNLESS Dean was modifying the guys Fiero to accommodate some personal disability

It's like Shaun and Archie II - Only Dean is being smart and not responding

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »

Didn't ask him about that. Heard his side of the story, BV and Dean need to settle their issues. We got into it on PFF so you will notice that several post of his and mines were blanked out as an agreement. I did ask BV that it would be best for him not to continue over posting on Whodeanies thread. I also spoke with Dean late yesterday, and I will be picking up my car on Saturday, hopefully I can get the transport schedule for then. I am very disappointed and frustrated in the constant delays with Dean and his work. Who knows how long my car has been sitting outside. Each time I think about it, it enrages me. I JUST WANT MY CAR BACK DOWN IN CFL.

:angry: :tyson:

Well since you talked to him on the phone what is that 11 year disable vet thing about?

I kinda take offense to that - UNLESS Dean was modifying the guys Fiero to accommodate some personal disability

It's like Shaun and Archie II - Only Dean is being smart and not responding

EDIT:
Cliff Pennock posted on Whodeanie's thread.... Well said Cliff.   :clap:
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075728-37.html#p1452
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:37:43 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »

Cleaned up the last few posts.

UPDATE!

10/19/2012
10/27/2012
whodeanie customs

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075728-37.html#p1467
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075728-37.html#p1479

Hood Extractor:
Sealed opening to battery compartment. Have to thank Troyboy for this one. Heat enters the battery compartment (battery relocated to the front) and drains it.

LED Tail Lights:
Tail lights were ordered from CloserToWholesale.com (thanks Mike). Price $125.50 for each pair. These tail lights are a few mm larger then the Hellas. Also had to order the "3 wire Pigtail Harness Connector Stop Turn Tail light (STT)" on ebay, 10 pc for $15.

I was looking at YellowStone's Hella LED tail light mod but it would have cost aprox $900 (+s/h) for the same setup plus the installation cost. Too much money but IMO there is nothing better then Hella.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087194-3.html#p97

Front Fascia:
WIP (Work In Progress). The Diffuser is somewhat dissimilar from design photos I submitted to builder, np will change once FGTO is in CFL. My goal is to get her home ASAP. Bottom half of bumper has been clean up alot!

:cheerleader:

Blacktree
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2012, 01:22:52 AM »

Looking good, Dave. I'd love to see those tail lights in person. IMO, those are perfect for your car.

fiero
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:29:04 AM by Blacktree » Logged
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »

Thanks Mike.

Just got off the phone with Dean. FGTO will be picked up tonight. I'd love to get her to Thursday's night club meeting (need to trailer it). Like to get everyone's honest feedback (won't hurt my feelings) I'll take feedback creatively to complete the exterior. Want to get her painted for Daytona 2013.
 :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Halloween treat!

EDIT:
Delivery has been pushed back to the late evening on Nov 1, "Día de los Muertos" treat.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:02:43 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »

Awesome still going to make it to the meeting?

Pappy wants to see it

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »

UPDATE!

11/01/2012
whodeanie customs

Originally posted by whodeanie on PFF:
on the transporter to be delivered today. here are some pics from before it went home.
D.

Still waiting on the transporter...  :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:31:29 PM by FerociousGTO » Logged

Nathrak
Veteran Member

« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »

I've said it before but it bears repeating.........that is one sexy beast!  cool

Jon and Rebecca
FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2012, 06:44:54 AM »

Glad she's finally home (April 9, 2011 to Nov 1, 2012), can't believe FGTO was up there that long. Can't wait to see the other build that have been sitting there complete and out of Whodeanie Customs too. Would not start last night. Not enough juice in the battery. Hopefully a battary issue and not the electrical problem unresolved. Have not had a chance to review her yet, but will post comments when I do. Need to have her done (w/ paint) for Daytona 2013.

Pic from Thursday nights club meeting.

As you may hear... Thursday night when we got it to the house, it took us a while to unload her due to the bumper. Seven people monkeying around. One of the friendly neighbors called the cops saying that we are stealing a car..... I like to find out who that was.... Mother F@#$&^......  rant

Today I'm going to pull out the battery to get recharged (hopefully the electrical issue is battery related). Going to test fit the headlights since minor modifications were done to that area of the hood.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:48:42 AM by FerociousGTO » Logged

FerociousGTO
I'm a ferocious llama!
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

Topic starter

« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »

Just had time to drive her up and down the street..... Hopefully the neighbor doesn't call the cops making up another crazy story I was speeding....  :naughty:

-The engine feels nice and strong.   :clap:
-AC doesn't feel cool. Dean changed it over to R134. Going to look into his.  :think:

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.