STEERING WHEEL RECOVER
(1/2) > >>
uhlanstan:
 GO TO WHEELSKINS.COM
  Check out the color combinations available,,also check out grant steering wheels ..
 grant  has a wide variety of wheels,sone neato jet wood ones at affordable price.
also check out lecarro momo & others .
there are many companies that produce a steering wheel,first locate the type of wheel you like.
this is about a leather steering wheel & how to install one in your car at a low price .
It is not difficult to lace up a steering wheel yourself,,there are many women who excel at the activity to recover a wheel,I have been seriously injured & my motor skills suck,but I can do this & so can you.
  the cover that has 2 colors on the wheelskin adds a pop with class to any car,, I chose red & black.
the easiest recover is to just pull the wheelskin over your wheel leave the present leather cover in place!
 the wheelskin for a leather covered Fiero steering wheel  is a tight fit on the stock wheel..
a dual color wheel gives an added allure & charisma to your Fiero!!
uhlanstan:
Instructions are included,you recieve a roll of lace to lace your wheel,it is very simple, there is a video
at the wheel skin site ,it is about 10 minutes long!
 the instructions included with your wheelskin are easy to follow .
 you have to pull real tight,, the cover is difficult to pull tight,, you should have a small screw driver ,you can insert under the lace ,pull up on the screw driver & ii will tighten,pull the lacing tight,if you have a small gap between edges, just make sure the  split edges are not seen they are at the extreme rear,
 you can stiTch/lace your wheel on the car.. you can leave the steering wheel on the car .
I am going to coover lacing the wheel after you remove the factory leather cover this is a reAL MESS
 THE LACING NEEDLE IS NOT SHARP
DO NOT STRETCH THE WHEELSKIN OVER YOUR WHEEL,ONLY STRETCH IT OVER THE WHEEL IF IT WILL NOT GO OVER ,i STRETCHED MINE MISTAKE??,.
THERE IS PLENTY OF LACE MATERIAL
the video is at wheelskins.com
including an install video                                                                                                                                          the 2 color wheel really makes a difference , you notice it as soon as you enter the cabin
the only difficulty is to pull the lace tight,it is very strong ,has a wax surface & the wheelskin cover is being pulled thru 2 sections of leather
 I will cover stripping the old cover off & relacing it,next,,,a more difficult task,, messy time consumming
you can use a V stitch or an X,but these are much more difficult  
THE COVER HAS BEEN PRE PUNCHED/ IT IS NOT PERFECTLY PUNCHED BUT WORKS GREAT
i HAVE A LEATHER PUNCH IF ANY ONE WANTS TO USE IT/

you can see the effect on my Fiero,at the next meeting
my cover is off kilter but stll looks good ,I am going to change it later
I have added spoke covers of different colors did not have enought red !!
2002z28ssconv:
This is something I did years ago on another car. They really do look nice but wow were my fingers sore afterwards. And that was when I was in my twenties. I have been wanting to recover Heather's Fiero wheel but haven't found the right brand yet. I look forward to seeing your project.
uhlanstan:
 men can use a coke bottle cap to push the needle
the wheelskin needle is not sharp, the holes are already punched thru this is very easy to do
 this is a big thick  needle ,you will not harm your self .
 you can use a piece of leather to push against the needle ,it has a bluntness to it ,,this is not like a regular sewing needle,
 a new wheel cover does not stand out ,but when you install the dual color wheel !!big difference
 you can look at the wheelskins site & get a good idea of what it will look like
a 2 color steering wheel  stands out more than a single color
the recover of your wheel with the leather still on it is easy,you can leave the steering wheel on the car
 I will wait a few days to start the steering wheel recover for the stripped DOWN wheel ..
my SUV WAS BROKEN INTO last nite & I AM IN A rageing  MOOD ..
86fiero86:
Does anyone know where I can get the spring for the steering wheel? I've been looking all over and can't find one that fits my fiero. Any help would be appreciated.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page