MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a racing buddy and a 4T60E wizard  (Read 8615 times)
uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:15:23 PM »

i will come over monday or tuesday
would be nice if you had large pizza box empty,as a surrogate for the valve body
we will clean parts using parts cleaner carb cleaner or brake cleaner
we will use STP as lube unless you will purchase transmission assembly lube
buy the medium stuff
we need a thick piece of cardboard 10 by 12 we will press holes to hold the balls
we will use the pizza box to hold removed parts in the approximate area they were located
on the valve body

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
uhlanstan
Veteran Member

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »

it is the clutch plates that kill you..you do not know the condition unless you remove them, if the previous owner like to drive fast the plates need to be replaced
there are a lot of baskets to pull out of a hole ,ha,ha ,a lot of bushings that could be loose!!
but just study the u tube films you will be more confident  , the secrete for the owner builder is proper lay out as you pull parts ,then keep in proper order as you examen & clean,
its the valve body that screws people up & if I have a low brain damage day we will be fine
attention to detail, & put it back together SOON after tear down.
 there are some small parts you do not expect keeping some parts align,pay attention.act as keys & locks 
 I sometimes have moments of remembered  genius ,, tho I can not install my truelo headers in less than a 40 week

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 05:39:18 PM »

with proper lay out & attention to detail ,clean,clean,,,it is just another job,,cleanliness
have the video to fall back on is a big plus..I did this 3just0 years ago 
could not change just 30
just imagine you are reaching down for another basket of oily smelly zombie goodies

uhlanstan
Veteran Member

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 05:52:17 PM »

we will need parts from the old transmission
it will be about $600 to switch to the 4T60e 65e,,,much cheaper than I thought
 these units are available cheap used from racers whose wifes have left them
or have become friends of caitlin jenner types ,keep it simple
pay attention to the valve body portion in case I am senile & butterfly..
bat crazy
 I have found a source for 4t80 electronic units,mayby they have develope
unit for 4t65
once you are going to the track,, you will easy find a race buddy,my experience is
quarter mile people are weird ,many desparate for human companionship,its the fumes !!
its
why I ran mostly flat track motorcycles, also quarter milers had the best drugs difficult to navigate a flying
flat track motorcycle  laid over  around the oval sober,, impossible with a full load of booze & smack,or peruvian
chariot Racing powder in your system, its the turns !but a straight ahead 1/4 mile run ,wowsa12seconds only hmmm,,...gimme some drugs & booze,12 second flight for the straight away flight???,
 a six pack dont count
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:13:48 PM by uhlanstan » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 09:29:31 AM »

Yes Stan has been over before. He is great ! Highly entertaining,  I enjoy his company despite the fact that he wants to murder my dog and bang my wife. I'm hoping to compete for points next year. Stock eliminator points are accumulated at 3 national and 5 divisional races. They pretty much cover Florida, Georgia, Alabama and into the Carolinas. We will see what my ridiculous budget allows me

That's awesome - I was born in Macon Georgia and used to go to the track in Warner Robins. I don't think it's active anymore tho. Good times  biggrin

Yeah Stan is weird about dogs that way

However, he probably doesn't want to bang your wife but rather have her put on 6 inch spiked heels, then methodically walk up and down his spine slowly rotating each step while smacking him with a cat-on-nine tails - That's what he usually asked my wife to do - Then he wants ice cream
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:38:44 AM by Pappy » Logged

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
2002z28ssconv
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 11:01:35 PM »

Just wait... After that, usually the next visit, he'll ask her to bake blueberry muffins, put on short shorts and a halter top and smear the muffins all over his face as soon as she takes them from the oven.

BTW - I'll be doing a little racing with my next Fiero too. Glad to see another person around here that wants to burn rubber, drive fast and break stuff.
Pages:  1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.