Any one here running power steering on their car ??
(1/2) > >>
Koenig355:
Kinda curious ...... is there anyone here  that is using or adapted a  power steering system on their Fiero?, what are your thoughts if it is needed  or you can do without it let me hear  your feedback  on this and would you buy a kit if it was produced.
FerociousGTO:
I'm thinking about it. I know Archie has one in the works he's going to install on TroyBoy's car. MadCurls has power steering on his Fiero by http://www.design1systems.com. I think it runs about USD $1000.
Koenig355:
I have a bolt on kit  that uses the F body power steering rack that  works  on the 85 thru 88 fieros ,it required  removing the original mounts and bolting the F body rack  and adapter to the fiero crossmember.This is a low budget set up that uses a GM style  rear mounted pump and resevoir and the  whole setup was under $500 ;D
FerociousGTO:
If I'm not mistaken the '88 has PS mount on the suspension. Might need minor modification.
Archie:
I'd be interested to see what you have for a kit.

I'm not interested in designing a kit for the PS. I have a few customers that are wanting PS & I'd rather be buying a kit from someone than designing my own.

Thanks

Archie

Quote from: Koenig355 on February 03, 2008, 12:59:25 PM

I have a bolt on kit  that uses the F body power steering rack that  works  on the 85 thru 88 fieros ,it required  removing the original mounts and bolting the F body rack  and adapter to the fiero crossmember.This is a low budget set up that uses a GM style  rear mounted pump and resevoir and the  whole setup was under $500 ;D

Navigation
Message Index
Next page