MUSICONICA
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update the interior with a Camaro dash and build of a Koenig 355 Challenge .  (Read 136133 times)
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter
My car is super fast cause I want it so...problem

« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »

Hahaha Pappy I guess so  guess so never let a good thing goes to waste and it works out much more cost effective ,I also got 1000' (10 rolls) of 12 gauge wire assorted colors to wire over the car and make new harnesses for the different circuits light driving lights, audio system wires, door locks gauges and document the colors for future repair  instead of what I have now.

More tedious work but will have peace of mind knowing  it is done right and with quality materials and saving a ton of money......wish I was closer to give you a hand with your project but I will let you'll be the first to drive it after all these years.

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »

It has been awhile since I was here but had to take a time to gather myself and get motivated, while off I did many things to the car mostly changing and adding new parts meters, oil pressure, fuel level, oil temp to electric as they were all mechanical  and my fuel line rupturing in the cab while driving. Made new wire harness with color coded wires for the different circuits   including the overhead switch panel and arm rest console, also my driving lights of which there is 10 lights in the front that can be turned on in any configuration.

I am now ready to paint but at thls time of the year and the weather I will wait till it is more predictable as the paint is so expensive that there is no room for error so better safe than sorry. so in the mean time have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy Hew Year.  biggrin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:42:39 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

1985 SE swapped to a fastback with converted  front and rear 88 chassis 4wheel coilover suspension, single turbocharged v8 with meth injection 5 speed, F355 front and rear widebody, custom interior ,push button start 14.5 BMW brakes  with 19"HP wheels 4piston calipers.Sony 7"touchscreen 7" Tablet.
Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

1988 Formula SII-SC 3800 M17 - The Maroon Menace

« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »

You too my friend - Merry Christmas

Pappy - Crusty old retired MSgt
To Err is Human, to Forgive is not SAC Policy
exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #333 on: January 13, 2016, 10:19:49 PM »

Can't wait to see this one finished. We need to get this picture thing figured out.
uhlanstan
Veteran Member

Carefree derelict, seeks buxom blue eye blond with

« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »

March is a great time to paint.
 watch the rain forcast & humitity
 you want 4 day with out rain,then low non humid conditions
high florida humitity will cause the paint to be more likely to fail
wait for no rain & hopefully have Garage ,paint in late afternoon

why belong to a club that had me as a member ?
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »

Hey guys I am still around  but haven't been posting due to the slow action and not being able to have a link to post pictures.obviously there is still readership and interest in my build but ...look at the numbers in views.This is a great laidback forum but there is no urgency to revive it, the administrators need to make a move and not just having monthly meetings just ti ear pizzas then go home,not all of us can attend but though the internet we all participate as a group.

It probably won't  sit well  with me calling them out but  don't just sit back let your voices be heard that this great forum is on life support now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:51:20 PM by Koenig355 » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

I agree - One of my suggestions was a cruse-in to Rachel's Steakhouse but that got shot down  wink   :pidu:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:06:48 PM by Pappy » Logged

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2016, 11:35:08 PM »

It has been awhile since I last posted on this build but due to the overwhelming readership and following I have decided to  continue with regular updates with pictures, this forum  has been dead for awhile with nothing going on that would warrant coming back but obviously the interest is still there and I feel guilty not to keep on going  with this build. As  all may have noticed I did change the title  to a more appropriate ons since I have passed that aspect of the build and the last section that was being worked on was the finishing of the 300zx head lights which has been mounted and functional but need a little cosmetic work.

The car has been up on jackstand and a few things has been added...a new brake bias control, a 16" puller curved blade fan replacing the stock fan which  just could not keep the motor cool and a champion 4 core aluminum radiator and all the bulbs were changed for L.E.D one's,they did work fine except the flashers that started to hyperflash but I fixed it with some 50 ohm power resistors.......more to come.

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »

I like the LED upgrade and I'm leaning in that direction

Keep up the good fight as I'm still on here and a fan of your efforts

Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »

This is the way to go Pappy brighter light output cooler long lasting less current draw and cheap,once you go l.e.d you will never ever use those old outdated bulbs again.

2002z28ssconv
Administrator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2016, 06:26:39 AM »

I'm looking for some compact florescents for my car's ... not ...

Thanks for continuing to post updates.
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »

It has  been awhile since I posted here but the project still continues, the car was on jackstand  until recently when I said it was time to spend  some more money and  time with  the restoration. My CTS V is so much fun that the Fiero took a backseat and the improvement is done and all the work paid pff with 525 hp and 512ft lb of tq and it is a blast to drive but my Fiero is still number 1. `.

The interior is done except the door panels that I do have and that will be my new project and I am looking forward to taking it on so stay tuned for more updates.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:18:23 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

exoticse
Veteran Member
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »

Glad to see you are still plugging away ! Still can't wait to see this one on the road. 👍
Koenig355
Veteran Member

Topic starter

« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2017, 02:42:29 AM »

As noted earlier the door handles was shaved to provide a cleaner look  that included the locking mechanism and replaced with actuator and 50 lbs plungers and door poppers  and they works fine now I have to design  emergency openers in case the battery or I lock my keys in the car.I will have to start the finishing of the side scoop and will take some effort  since they are much bigger than  the regular ones more like a Porsche so we wii see how it turns out.

The next  thing on the agenda is my muffles which will be 3" pipes leading into a stainless steel rolled tip and yes it will be loud with the Flowmaster 80's  ...... think i'll like it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:15:23 AM by Koenig355 » Logged

Pappy
Global Moderator
Official CFF Post Whore

« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:05 PM »

One day I'm going to come down so I can see this car and get a few pointers from the Fiero Master.

Pages:  1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go to CFF Club & Vendor links.